Looking for a new and creative way to transform leftover roast or grilled chicken? With a few staples from your Candida Diet pantry, such as coconut milk, garlic, turmeric, ginger, and stevia, you can whip up this unique and flavorful curried chicken bowl in minutes.
The addition of fresh spinach and cooked quinoa makes this a balanced meal in a bowl. It contains lots of satisfying protein, a healthy dose of good fats, and plenty of energy-giving micronutrients. The recipe can be easily doubled or tripled for more servings.
Note that this recipe is designed as a quick, tasty way to use up your leftover turkey or chicken. Therefore, the prep time doesn’t include the time to cook the meat. If you want to make this meal from scratch, remember to allow enough time to cook the chicken or turkey.
Stevia is a natural, zero-calorie sweetener that can help you to satisfy sweet cravings without spiking your blood sugar. For this reason, it’s often used by diabetics. However, it has a slightly bitter aftertaste that not everyone enjoys. If you’re not a fan of stevia, try using monk fruit extract in this recipe instead. Enjoy!
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 2 tablespoons canned coconut milk
- 1 tablespoon fresh lemon juice
- 1/2 teaspoon minced garlic
- 1/2 teaspoon powdered turmeric
- 1/2 teaspoon powdered ginger
- 1/4 teaspoon powdered stevia
- Salt and pepper to taste
- 1 1/2 cups cooked chicken, white or dark meat, shredded or cubed
- 1/4 cup diced celery
- 1/4 cup diced Granny Smith apple
- 2 tablespoons finely chopped red onion
- 2 tablespoons slivered almonds
- 1 cup fresh spinach leaves
- 1 cup cooked quinoa
- Fresh cilantro for garnish
- To make dressing, in a small bowl add olive oil, canned coconut milk, fresh lemon juice, minced garlic, powdered turmeric, powdered ginger, powdered stevia, salt and pepper. Whisk to combine, set dressing aside.
To make salad, in a medium bowl add cooked, shredded chicken, diced celery, diced Granny Smith apple, finely chopped red onion and slivered almonds. Mix well. Pour dressing over the salad, toss to combine.
To assemble, fill a bowl with spinach leaves, cooked quinoa and curried chicken salad. Garnish with cilantro. Enjoy!
Store any extra curried chicken salad in an airtight container in the refrigerator for 3 to 4 days.
Beat your candida in 60 days with this detailed 5-step program
If you're looking for a more comprehensive Candida treatment plan, check out the Ultimate Candida Diet program, written by Lisa Richards and Dr Eric Wood. This plan is based on the latest research into Candida Related Complex, and contains everything you need to know to beat your Candida overgrowth.