Cauliflower Salmon Bites
One thing that I make sure to do each year, when the salmon run comes around, is to buy a batch of fresh salmon, cut them up, and store them in my freezer. I store each piece of salmon in a freezer bag covered with water, and when I thaw them they taste just as good as if they’d been caught that morning.
Wild salmon has the least toxins of all the larger fish, and that’s why it featured on our foods to eat list. There are many other health benefits to eating high quality fish like this, not least from the omega-3 fatty acids that they contain.
This recipe also has a few other foods with antifungal and probiotic properties, which will all help to maintain a healthy balance in your gut and prevent pathogens like Candida from getting out of control.
There are a million ways to eat salmon, but this recipe is one of my favorites. What could be better than broiled, wild-caught salmon, mixed with cauliflower, fennel, and shallots, served in a tasty bite-sized snack. Enjoy!
- 1 Tbsp. oil, such as olive or coconut
- ¼ cup finely chopped fennel bulb
- ¼ cup finely chopped shallot
- ½ tsp. salt
- ¼ tsp. pepper
- 2 cups roasted cauliflower, pureed
- ½ cup broiled salmon, flaked
- 1 Tbsp. finely minced fennel fronds
- A pinch of freshly grated nutmeg
- 2 eggs, lightly beaten
- Greek style yogurt
- Fennel fronds as a garnish
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F (177 degrees C). Brush a mini muffin pan with oil, such as olive or coconut, set aside.
- Heat 1 tablespoon oil in a small skillet over medium heat. Add chopped fennel bulb and shallot, season with salt and pepper and sauté 2 to 3 minutes, set aside.
- In a large bowl, add cauliflower puree, salmon flakes, fennel and shallot saute, minced fennel fronds, nutmeg and eggs, stir to combine. Spoon rounded tablespoons of mixture into prepared muffin pan.
- Bake bites for 20 minutes or until golden.
- Cool, and serve with a dollop of Greek style yogurt and fennel frond.
Healthy meals like this are an excellent option for a light snack on the Candida diet. Our Ultimate Candida Diet program is packed full of gluten-free, sugar-free recipes like this. It contains more than 100 recipes in total, and they’re all perfect for the Candida diet. Find out more here.
3-Month Candida Elimination Kit Start Your 3-month Candida Cleanse
This Candida Kit contains all the supplements recommended on the Candida Diet:
- LIVER ONE to process and remove the toxins created by Candida.
- CANDASSIST to inhibit and weaken the Candida colonies in your gut.
- PROBIOTIC to replace the Candida yeast with probiotic bacteria.
Plus... the CANDIDA DIET RECIPE BOOK with 50+ low-sugar recipes
One month ago, I started this program. I felt very bad, all these symptoms I could not read properly, nor my physicians. One morning, one of the signs was very strong, my tongue was dry, my throat dry, my eyes dry.
Since no answer did come from the “medical authorities”, I tried the internet. Very quickly Lisa Richards’s program came to my rescue. The same day I entered the battle. I had hard time during my travel(I had to), my diet hard to follow,etc… Now I am in the middle of the cure, I feel more than half cured. I enjoy the meals I compose, I appreciate the one you propose today. The most, I discovered extra virgin oil coconut!!! thank you!
I have struggled with candinda for over 5 year. I have seen all manner of gynaecologists in Kenya and taken all the available drugs in the market which i can name more than 15 pissaries and orals including injections. When I read your article 3 months ago I started with cleansing and bought herbal probiotics , natural antifungals and other supplements mentioned in your tips. Although I did not manage to buy the ultimate candinda book with the daily tips, am free of the terrible symptoms of 5 years
Thankyou. I know of many women who are struggling with the condition like me especially from the 3rd world . They might never get the proper help unless they get the information similar to what I got from your article. Thanks to you I can have my life back Including getting a baby.
I’m guess that when you mention in your ebook that we can eat Kefir while on the candida diet, it means only the plain & unsweetened Kefir. Is that correct?
Yes that’s right! Homemade is the best choice.
How to make kefir