Zucchini Fritata

Home The Candida Forum Foods & Recipe Ideas Breakfast Zucchini Fritata

This topic contains 1 reply, has 2 voices, and was last updated by  JBR74 6 years, 11 months ago.

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
  • Author

mstewart
    Topics: 37
    Replies: 47

This is basically a baked omelet. It is so good. Had it for Christmas morning breakfast when the family was enjoying french toast.

2 T olive oil
    1 cup thinly sliced onions
    3 medium zucchini thinly sliced
    1/4 t salt
    1/4 t pepper
    5 eggs
    1/2 t salt
    1 T fresh basil, shredded
    1 T fresh parsley, chopped finely

Heat the olive oil in a large skillet over medium heat. Add the onions and cook stirring until golden brown. Then add the zucchini and cook them until lightly browned. Season with the salt and pepper.
    Transfer the vegetables to a strainer to drain off the excess oil and let them cool completely.

Preheat the broiler.

Mix the eggs and salt and some pepper to taste, and whisk until smooth.

Add the cooled zucchini and onion mixture, basil, and parsley.

In a oven proof skillet, heat 2 T olive oil. When heated add egg and vegetable mixture. Reduce heat and cook until the bottom is set. Once it is set, cook under the broiler until the top is cooked.

I really liked this and you can keep it and eat it for 2-3 days afterwards. It is really good anytime of the day and you can eat it warm or cold.

JBR74
    Topics: 8
    Replies: 14

I made version of this just this morning. I sautéed leeks and zucchini then added spinach leaves to the top right before I put it in the oven. I also spiced mine up with lots of cayenne and black pepper. It’s a very quick, satisfying and tasty meal-any time of the day. Will eventually like to add small pieces of cooked sweet potato and some goat cheese-someday 🙂

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)

The topic ‘Zucchini Fritata’ is closed to new replies.