Yum Yum Nut Slice (Truly amazing!!)

Home The Candida Forum Foods & Recipe Ideas Snacks & Treats Yum Yum Nut Slice (Truly amazing!!)

This topic contains 0 replies, has 1 voice, and was last updated by  lincoln 6 years, 2 months ago.

Viewing 1 post (of 1 total)
  • Author

lincoln
    Topics: 4
    Replies: 4

Hey guys,

This is one of my favourite all time recipes so I thought I must share the candida friendly version with you all.

Ingredients
    1 Cup Walnuts
    1 Cup Almonds
    2 Egg Whites (or whole eggs if you prefer)
    2 Tablespoons (20mL) Stevia

Method
    1. Firstly roast the nuts in an oven on fan forced at 150°C (300° F) for 15 mins.
    2. Blend nuts in a food processor until they resemble fine breadcrumbs.
    3. Mix nuts, egg whites and stevia in a bowl until well combined (mix will be very sticky, do not worry)
    4. Put in oven on bake setting at 150°C (300° F) for 20 mins, then drop the temperature to 125°C (260° F) and continue to bake for a further 25 mins.
    5. Remove and taste the delight.

Notes:
    It took me a fair bit of messing around with temperature settings to get this recipe right so therefore I am not guaranteeing the success of this slice, you may need to cook it two or three times to figure out your oven settings for this recipe.

Also I find it works best on the middle shelf in my oven.

I hope you find this as good as I do, it has nothing on the banned list of food and is f***ing fantastic. Enjoy

Viewing 1 post (of 1 total)

The topic ‘Yum Yum Nut Slice (Truly amazing!!)’ is closed to new replies.