- January 9, 2013 at 12:52 am #93942
lincolnMemberTopics: 4Replies: 4
This is one of my favourite all time recipes so I thought I must share the candida friendly version with you all.
1 Cup Walnuts
1 Cup Almonds
2 Egg Whites (or whole eggs if you prefer)
2 Tablespoons (20mL) Stevia
1. Firstly roast the nuts in an oven on fan forced at 150°C (300° F) for 15 mins.
2. Blend nuts in a food processor until they resemble fine breadcrumbs.
3. Mix nuts, egg whites and stevia in a bowl until well combined (mix will be very sticky, do not worry)
4. Put in oven on bake setting at 150°C (300° F) for 20 mins, then drop the temperature to 125°C (260° F) and continue to bake for a further 25 mins.
5. Remove and taste the delight.
It took me a fair bit of messing around with temperature settings to get this recipe right so therefore I am not guaranteeing the success of this slice, you may need to cook it two or three times to figure out your oven settings for this recipe.
Also I find it works best on the middle shelf in my oven.
I hope you find this as good as I do, it has nothing on the banned list of food and is f***ing fantastic. Enjoy
You must be logged in to reply to this topic.