Xylitol / any cracker type recipes out there??

Home The Candida Forum Foods & Recipe Ideas Xylitol / any cracker type recipes out there??

This topic contains 7 replies, has 5 voices, and was last updated by  Faith 6 years, 11 months ago.

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • Author

Tsunny
    Topics: 34
    Replies: 94

Is using Xylitol ok? or should I use stevia? I probably shouldn’t be using any of it early in the game. What about a recipe for a cracker such as quinoa crackers or something. I would really love to mash an avocado and dip something into it..

Determined
    Topics: 7
    Replies: 15

I had the same issue today and thought crackers would be so good with my guacamole. Since that wasn’t an option, I used crisp cucumber slices instead. It wasn’t completely the same, but still satisfying and tasty.

But I’d also be interested in any good cracker recipes for later on.

Doggiemama
    Topics: 43
    Replies: 204

I use xyltiol. I cant stand Stevia..at all. but if you like Stevia..then use it. I do well on xylitol and have never had an issue with it. start out in small quantities of xylitol though and work your way up to a little larger amount. your body sometimes needs to adjust to it.

Your choice of flours can be used here.

Sesame Crackers

1 1/2 cups blanched almond flour
    1 1/2 cups rice bran flour
    1 1/2 teaspoons celtic sea salt
    1 cup sesame seeds
    2 eggs, whisked until frothy
    2 tablespoons olive oil

In a large bowl, stir flour, salt, sesame seeds, eggs and oil until well blended

Separate dough into two halves

Line two large (12 x 16) stainless steel baking sheets with parchment paper

Place one half of the dough in the center of each lined sheet
    Cut another piece of parchment paper and place it over one of the balls of dough

Roll dough out between the two pieces of parchment paper, until it is 1/8 inch thick and covers the entire baking sheet; remove top paper and repeat process with the other piece of dough
    Cut the dough with a knife or pizza cutter into 2 inch squares
    Bake at 350° for 10-12 minutes, until golden brown.

Cool and serve

Makes 96 crackers

Tsunny
    Topics: 34
    Replies: 94

Thank you for the sesame crackers recipe! What stage? I’m in stage 2 still. Also I love the xylitol, that is what I use in small amounts.

Chris24
    Topics: 12
    Replies: 329

Xylitol in not too big amounts should be fine Tsunny. It wont feed the candida.

Doggiemama

i started with xylitol two weeks after i started the diet. the first two weeks..i ate chicken, eggs..and more eggs. after that i started eating more things.

Doggiemama

if you like Ranch dressing..that would make for a good dip and chips too. i make Ranch here at home. its good too.

Ranch Dressing
    Ingredients
    · 1 cup Mayo (Homemade)
    · 1/4 cup Dairy-Free “Buttermilk” (see recipe below)
    · 1/2 tsp. dried Parsley (or 1 tsp. fresh)
    · 1/2 tsp dried Chives (or 1 tsp. fresh)
    · 1/2 tsp. dried Dill (or 1 tsp. fresh)
    · 1/4 tsp. Garlic Powder
    · 1/4 tsp. Onion Powder
    · 1/8 tsp. Sea Salt
    · 1/8 tsp. Black Pepper

Directions
    1. Combine all ingredients except for the dairy-free buttermilk in a medium bowl.
    2. Slowly whisk in the “buttermilk.”
    3. Store in an airtight container in the refrigerator for up to a week.
    Dairy-Free Buttermilk:
    4. Add 1 and 1/2 tsp. Fresh Lemon Juice to a liquid measuring cup.
    5. Add enough Dairy-Free Milk to bring the total amount of liquid to 1/4 cup (I use So Delicious Unsweetened Coconut Milk since I cannot detect any “coconutty” flavor in it and personally, I think this is the most neutral tasting dairy-free milk substitute out there).
    6. Stir and allow to sit for 5 – 10 minutes, until milk curdles then it’s ready to use!

Faith
    Topics: 16
    Replies: 87

https://www.thecandidadiet.com/forum/yaf_postst3615_Buckwheat-Crackers-Made-them-tonight.aspx

Here’s the link to Buckwheat crackers too. I can’t do almond flour, or sesame seeds. Seeds can often cause reactions for Candida folks. The Buckwheat crackers only use Buckwheat, Coconut Flour, and Oat Bran. You can flavor them with any kinds of spices you like. I think I’ll be making more soon! 🙂 They are super yum!

Also just figured out how to cook Buckwheat groats. Have you tried them yet? So good! Kinda a nice replacement for rice! One thing I found online was to mix in an egg when your toasting them in a pan, the egg helps the buckwheat to stay separate, and not get all mushy together.

I thought that if you added an egg to the groats it would scramble it? But it didn’t. So you don’t have to worry about that! 🙂

Anyways, just thought I’d chime in! 🙂

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)

The topic ‘Xylitol / any cracker type recipes out there??’ is closed to new replies.