What helps with the sugar cravings?

Home The Candida Forum Candida Questions What helps with the sugar cravings?

This topic contains 2 replies, has 3 voices, and was last updated by  flailingWcandi 6 years, 6 months ago.

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • Author

Nuhcohl
    Topics: 1
    Replies: 0

Hello.
    I,m new to this forum, and love all the helpful information.
    I have done the candida diet before, and felt great after.
    But, I am having a very very difficult time getting started again. I am having horrible itching and hives all over anytime I eat certain foods. And lately it seems more and more foods are making me itch.
    Whenever I start, the sugar cravings are UNBEARABLE!! Not to mention the headaches (that I have practically every day when not doing candida), when starting candida, the headaches intensify.
    Is there anything to help these symptoms? I don’t know if I have the mental and emotional energy to fight the cravings for 5days this time.
    Any ideas?
    Thanks.

raster
    Participant
    Topics: 104
    Replies: 6838

Inflammation in the brain is tied to inflammation in the gut and you need to reduce the inflammation in order to reduce headaches. A great way to do this is to eat anti-inflammatory foods, or take (fermented) cod liver which is one of the strongest anti-inflammatory supplements out there.

One thing I would consider trying, to transition to the candida diet, is to eat fruit throughout the day for a period of time and slowly reduce the amount you eat as the symptoms reduce.

L-glutamine is also another supplement great for sugar cravings and healing leaky gut.

Healing your liver is also another great remedy for treating sugar cravings.

In order to reduce the itchiness and hives, you will have to reduce the candida numbers within the body while you are detoxing at the same time. If you have any skin condition, Dr. Mcoombs feels that you are likely deficient in HCL (hydro chloric acid). If you supplement yourself with some HCL this should not only improve the environment within your gut, but help break down the food you eat as well as healing your skin problems. Zypan and betaine HCL are examples of HCL supplements. Almost all candida sufferes are deficient in HCL.

Acupuncture is also very effective for all of your symptoms and highly recommend it.

Hope this helps!

-raster

flailingWcandi
    Topics: 13
    Replies: 277

Nuhcohl;30971 wrote: I don’t know if I have the mental and emotional energy to fight the cravings for 5days this time.
    Any ideas?
    Thanks.

Every now and then I will take a couple of tbs of ACV which seems to almost immediately relieve sugar cravings. You might give it a try and see what happens.

Blessings.

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)

The topic ‘What helps with the sugar cravings?’ is closed to new replies.