Weight loss & Coconut oil

Home The Candida Forum Candida Questions Weight loss & Coconut oil

This topic contains 3 replies, has 3 voices, and was last updated by  jamesb 7 years, 3 months ago.

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Author

jamesb
    Topics: 47
    Replies: 43

Many of my symptoms are mild most of the time which I’m happy about but I was continuing to lose weight. I hope I have turned the tide on this over the last 2 days as I’ve been taking a couple of tablespoons of coconut oil and have actually added a little weight which I am hoping will continue however I have a question over the use of coconut oil in this way over the medium to long term.

Is it likely to be bad for the body in that it may make cholestoral higher in the same way that other fats do?

raster
    Participant
    Topics: 104
    Replies: 6838

I wouldn’t worry about that too much. One thing I would consider for weight gain is to eat 3-4 course meals. Add in some kefir, greek yogurt, coconut bread, quinoa, black/red rice, buckwheat, and salads just to name a few. This will significantly help with the weight gain.

Additionally, as you get healthier, your body won’t be taxed as much for energy to fight candida.

-Raster

Able900
    Spectator
    Topics: 92
    Replies: 4811

Hello, James.

Virgin coconut oil will not raise cholesterol; this information is in accordance with various research studies performed in universities all over the world, including but not limited to the Department of Biochemistry at University of Kerala. In a published statement the researchers reported that virgin coconut oil reduced total the cholesterol, triglycerides, phospholipids, LDL, and VLDL cholesterol levels but increased the HDL (good) cholesterol in all tissues that were studied.

In other words, virgin coconut oil can help reduce the bad cholesterol in your body.

Able

jamesb
    Topics: 47
    Replies: 43

Thank you Raster and Able, I really appreciate your guidance.

I know I may be a little early but may I wish you both a merry christmas and a healthy and prosperous new yaer

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)

The topic ‘Weight loss & Coconut oil’ is closed to new replies.