- November 16, 2012 at 9:19 am #91833
OnoliciousMemberTopics: 4Replies: 2
Here’s another breakfast recipe for those vegan members like me also faced with the additional challenge of fighting candida! My idea for using garbanzo flour to make an “omelette” was inspired by one of vegan cuisine genius Joanne Stepaniak’s cookbooks.
VEGAN GARBANZO “OMELETTE”
- ½ cup chickpea flour
- ½ cup water
- ¼ tsp salt (or more to taste)
- 2T chopped fresh herb or herbs of choice (try rosemary, thyme, oregano, etc.)
- 2 tsp olive oil
- 2-3 green onions, chopped
- anti-candida veggie of choice (try shredded carrots or zucchini, spinach, etc.)
- pepper to taste
- Mix chickpea flour and water into a smooth, somewhat thin batter. Mix in salt and pepper and fresh herbs. Set aside.
- In a small pan, sautee the onions and veggies in the olive oil. Add salt and pepper to taste. Transfer temporarily to a plate.
- Reheat the same small pan on medium-high adding additional oil if needed to coat the bottom. When hot, pour in the chickpea batter.
- Cook the chickpea “pancake” until the edges and top is fairly dry. Flip the “omelette” to cook on the other side. Layer sautéed veggies on top of the cooked side.
- When omelette is cooked, remove from the pan by folding one side of the cake over the sautéed veggies. (I also like to add slices of avocado prior to folding to add extra flavor and creaminess!)
Enjoy with a side of millet or rice!January 18, 2013 at 7:00 am #94751
fixmeParticipantTopics: 7Replies: 101
This sounds good and all..but what stage are you intending this for? Chickpea flour, rice, and millet(?) aren’t on the good list for stage 1 strict forum diet.
The topic ‘VEGAN GARBANZO “OMLETTE”’ is closed to new replies.