UTI – prescribed Cipro

Home The Candida Forum Candida Questions UTI – prescribed Cipro

This topic contains 2 replies, has 3 voices, and was last updated by  goingnatural 6 years, 8 months ago.

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • Author

titan
    Participant
    Topics: 51
    Replies: 131

Hello Able, Raster, & members, I hope all is well. I went to my urologist for UTI symptoms. No infection present in my urine, but a slight imbalance/blood. They think it could be a bladder or prostate problem, and prescribed Cipro for 2 weeks and AZO for urethra pain relief. I looked up AZO online, and it contains corn starch.

We talked about the antibiotic Ampicillin, but the doc said it’s given in IV form. I told him about by my Candida diet and he seemed empathetic. He wrote a 2 week scrip for Cipro, and said I could take it for just 1 week and see if the symptoms were gone.

Note, I did not contract my infestation from the use of antibiotics. I became very ill 2 years ago, bed ridden, and this infestation came on very suddenly as a result of my illness. I’ve never experienced such a drastic switch in my body during 2 points in the last 2 years – first time 2 years ago when this all suddenly happened, and then the 2nd time when I started the cleanse a month ago and finally felt my normal faculties coming slowly back to life. Weird.

I told him I just started homemade Kefir yesterday, along with Vit A (4,000 mg), Juniper berries (6/day), and Cranberry Extract (2/day).

It’s just a dull discomfort in my urethra right now that comes and goes, along with a slow stream and urgent need to urinate throughout the day.

I currently take a big tablespoon of coconut oil 3-4 times a day. I’m working my way up to more day by day. Is it fine to take coconut oil by the tablespoon as opposed to small teaspoons?

My first probiotic, Innate Response – Flora 20-14, is in “shipping soon” mode via Amazon.

I’m wondering what to do. Should I hold off on taking the Cipro & AZO and wait and see how the infection progress while just taking the kefir, vit A, juniper, cranberry?

Also, great news for my journey. I’ve found a local doctor that subscribes to Candida and the diet. A colleague whose wife battled Candida referred me to him. I have my first appointment this Thursday. My colleague’s wife says he recommends supplements to boost the immune system, prescribes Nystatin if necessary, etc. I intend to stay strictly on the forum protocol that I adopted a month ago. But it helps with friends and family that I’m talking with a professional during this treatment.

Either way, I will wait to add any antibiotic or supplement about the UTI issue until I’ve gathered more information from him and this forum.

Thanks everyone for your help!

Titan

Able900
    Spectator
    Topics: 92
    Replies: 4811

Hi ya, Titan.

Cipro doesn’t make sense when you consider that it’s used for bacterial infections, and your doctor says you don’t have a urinary tract infection. You wrote that they thought it might a bladder or prostate problem. Do you know if he meant a bladder or prostate infection?

Do you know when the probiotic is supposed to arrive? If it’s going to be over three days, I would purchase the strongest probiotic I could find from a local vitamin store and start taking it before starting the Cipro. Of course drink as much of the kefir as you want to as that will definitely help.

currently take a big tablespoon of coconut oil 3-4 times a day. I’m working my way up to more day by day. Is it fine to take coconut oil by the tablespoon as opposed to small teaspoons?

Sure, if you can handle it. I think I know a lady who is going to feel a little ill when she reads that, and probably a little envious of you as well. Susansl66, are you reading that?
    Able

goingnatural
    Topics: 38
    Replies: 249

I had testicular and bladder pain for a couple years. Treated with abx including cipro. I saw a urologist, had an ultrasound, they couldnt find anything . It wasng expected but the last time I lived the candida lifestyle (plus antifungals and other supps) after 5 months the pain went away.

Besides, cipro has a lot of nasty side effects .

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)

The topic ‘UTI – prescribed Cipro’ is closed to new replies.