Turkey Sandwich and Lemon Kale Chips

Home The Candida Forum Foods & Recipe Ideas Lunch & Dinner Turkey Sandwich and Lemon Kale Chips

This topic contains 1 reply, has 2 voices, and was last updated by  skinnycute 5 years, 3 months ago.

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
  • Author

Fylgia
    Topics: 13
    Replies: 23

Hello! I made my herb roasted turkey breast yesterday, but unfortunately, I had a lot of leftover meat to freeze, because my company had to cancel. I know leftovers are looked down on to some extent, but I feel wretched if I let food go to waste, so thinking hard on the Candida Diet guidelines I made a sort of reward lunch. I started with some thawed slices of Able900’s Second Coconut Bread Recipe, and a recipe for Lemon Kale Chips from Elana’s Pantry. With that I made a turkey sandwich with arugula, red chard, and romaine greens, and a homemade aioli dressing for the sandwich, modified for the Candida Diet. Recipes below, hope you enjoy and please let me know of any suggestions that you feel would improve this.

Herb-Roasted Turkey Breast

Ingredients
    1 whole bone-in turkey breast, 6 1/2 to 7 pounds
    1 tablespoon minced garlic (3 cloves)
    2 teaspoons dry mustard
    1 tablespoon chopped fresh rosemary leaves
    1 tablespoon chopped fresh sage leaves
    1 teaspoon chopped fresh thyme leaves
    1/2 teaspoon dried lavender
    2 teaspoons sea salt
    1 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
    2 tablespoons good olive oil
    1 cup water

Preheat the oven to 325 degrees F. Place the turkey breast, skin side up, on a rack in a roasting pan.
    In a small bowl, combine the garlic, mustard, herbs, salt, pepper, olive oil, and lemon juice to make a paste. Loosen the skin from the meat gently with your fingers and smear half of the paste directly on the meat. Spread the remaining paste evenly on the skin. Pour the water into the bottom of the roasting pan.
    Roast the turkey for 1.5 to 2 hours, until the skin is golden brown and an instant-read thermometer registers 165 degrees F when inserted into the thickest part of the breast.

Coconut Flour Bread
    Recipe 2

Ingredients
    ¾ cup sifted Organic Coconut Flour
    ½ cup Organic Virgin Coconut Oil or ghee, melted
    6 eggs
    ½ teaspoon sea salt
    1 teaspoon baking powder

Blend together eggs, ghee, and salt. Combine coconut flour with baking powder and whisk thoroughly into batter until there are no lumps. Pour into greased 9x5x3 inch or smaller loaf pan and bake at 175C (350F) for 40 minutes. Remove from pan and cool on rack.

Elana’s Pantry Lemon Kale Chips

Ingredients
    1 bunch kale (prepared and washed)
    2 tablespoons olive oil
    2 tablespoons lemon juice
    ¼ teaspoon celtic sea salt

Preheat oven to 350°.
    Chop kale into ½ inch pieces.
    Place kale in a large bowl.
    With hands massage oil, lemon juice and salt into kale.
    Place kale on parchment lined baking sheet.
    Bake at 350° for 10-15 minutes until kale is dark green and crispy. (Shauna from Gluten-Free Girl has a great Baked Kale Chips recipe on her site. She says the 12 minute mark is the perfect done time.)
    Cool and serve.

Candida Aioli

Ingredients
    2 medium garlic cloves
    1/2 teaspoon dry mustard
    1 large egg
    1/2 cup extra virgin olive oil
    1/2 cup grapeseed oil
    2 teaspoons fresh squeezed lemon juice
    salt and pepper to taste.

Place the garlic, mustard, and egg in the bowl of a food processor fitted with a blade attachment. Process until evenly combined, about 10 seconds.
    With the motor running, slowly add the olive oil in a thin stream, followed by the grapeseed or vegetable oil, until completely combined, about 2 minutes. Stop the processor, add the lemon juice, season with salt and pepper, and pulse until thoroughly mixed. Stop and scrape down the sides of the bowl with a rubber spatula, then pulse until all ingredients are evenly incorporated. Let sit for at least 30 minutes before using. Refrigerate in a container with a tight-fitting lid for up to 3 days.

skinnycute
    Topics: 0
    Replies: 12

Because of you I will now not trow to garbage the leftover food. I will think also if what new food I will discover. Thank you, I will try Your recipe too, Its seems delicious. =)

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)

The topic ‘Turkey Sandwich and Lemon Kale Chips’ is closed to new replies.