Too early for "die off"?

Home The Candida Forum Candida Questions Too early for "die off"?

This topic contains 2 replies, has 3 voices, and was last updated by  raster 4 years, 8 months ago.

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • Author

james101
    Topics: 1
    Replies: 0

Afternoon all, firstly I am a 22 year old male.

About a year ago I went out for food with friends and on the way home got caught short and didn’t make the bathroom in time which caused severe stress, anxiety still to this day.

I put it down to IBS and avoided hot food like the plague, meaning for a year have lived off sandwhiches, sausage rolls and crisps which I believe has near killed my stomach.

After reading about candida I realized I met many symptoms (severe diarrhea, gas, bloating, tiredness 24/7, memory loss, foggy brain, itchy and fishy smelling penis etc etc) so without professional help thought this could be a possibility.

I have been on the “candida diet” for about 7 days now (not strictly, but eating things like chicken and vegetables, oat milk and porridge etc oppose to ham sandwhiches, crisps, sweets etc),

For the first 5 days my bowel movements improved a little, bloating has gone away and so did gas although yesterday I forced myself to go out to a restaurant and had a rump steak with jacket potato. Later that night I had SEVERE diarrhea (sorry to say this but…) the stools were the loosest they’ve been in a week or so and very mucusy with a very dark brown / near black colour.

This morning I woke up and felt a little better and proceeded to cook chicken with broccoli, cauliflower and green beans. Within an hour I needed the toilet again, the stools were still very dark but not as dark as last night. Another hour passed and needed to go again and the same results.

Sorry for the long winded first post but I really need some advice as i’m currently feeling very scared and worried. Could this be the yeast dying off causing the diarrhea? Or have I hit onto something much more serious?

Thanks in advance.

TheChosenOne
    Participant
    Topics: 34
    Replies: 410

Does your stool contain blood? If so, it might be colon cancer.
    Did you have diarrhea before you started this diet? It is most likely that your body is trying to detox (which is normal, because you have been living of sandwhiches, sausage rolls and crisps), so it is nothing to worry about. You might want to add in some fibers (eg. some fruit, although this is not allowed on the strict diet).
    What are you doing to protect your liver?

raster
    Participant
    Topics: 104
    Replies: 6838

You could have other bugs that have overgrown in the gut including parasites, h.pylori, strept, etc. or you could have bacteria living in places where it shouldn’t (SIBO or small bacteria overgrowth), or you could be allergic to potatoes, or you could have inflammation of the gut and so on…so we aren’t going to diagnose you here. In general I notice that beef and pork disrupt my digestion.

-raster

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)

The topic ‘Too early for "die off"?’ is closed to new replies.