- February 17, 2012 at 1:14 pm #73712
CTMemberTopics: 12Replies: 63
For the sausages (you need a food processor for this recipe):
4 chicken legs (has to be legs and not breast as this is too dry)
Half an onion (if you don’t eat onion or garlic this recipe still tastes fine!)
Half a lemon
Clove of garlic
salt and pepper to season
For the batter (this same recipe can be used to make pancakes or yorkshire puddings):
100g (4oz) Flour (suitable flours: buckwheat, coconut, teff, rice bran)
2 teaspoons baking powder
1) Cut the flesh off of the chicken.
2) Put the chicken flesh, onion, garlic,lemon, salt, pepper and corriandar into a food processor. Blend the ingredients until it looks like a paste.
3) Shape the paste into sausages and put them in a greased pan into the oven for 20 minutes. Oven should be at 200 degrees/ gas mark 6.
4) whisk the eggs and water. Add the mixture gradually to the flour and baking powder whisking as you go.
5) grease a dish and pour in the batter. Arrange the sausages in the dish.
6) Cook for 20minutes at 200 degrees / gas mark 6. DO NOT open the oven until the 20 minutes is up otherwise the batter will go flat (although the batter may not rise as well as it would do with wheat flour).
The sausage recipe can also be used to create chicken burgers. Just shape the paste into round circles instead of sausages and cook them for 40 minutes at 200 degrees/gas mark 6.February 17, 2012 at 5:29 pm #73727
MarbroMemberTopics: 19Replies: 252
You rock!!! thanks so much for posting this~February 21, 2012 at 7:47 am #73943
kelanduMemberTopics: 7Replies: 63
thanks. Im going to add this to my menu list x
You must be logged in to reply to this topic.