Supps for Brain Health

Home The Candida Forum Candida Questions Supps for Brain Health

This topic contains 2 replies, has 2 voices, and was last updated by  goingnatural 6 years ago.

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • Author

goingnatural
    Topics: 38
    Replies: 249

Hi guys,

Many of us struggle with what Dr. Hyman calls, “A Broken Brain”. Ideally you wouldn’t need supplements. However, most of us aren’t perfect. I have organized the supplements based upon what they target: focus, memory, mood, and general brain health:

For focus (dopamine, NE/E):
    – L-Tyrosine 2x daily, on an empty stomach, titrate up to 3000mg
    – DL Phenylalanine 500mg-1000mg, on an empty stomach 2x daily
    – I even use a supplement called Vincopetine, from time to time, which is pretty powerful stuff

For memory (acetylcholine):
    – CDP choline (500mg, 2-4x daily)
    – PS 100 (200mg, 2x daily)
    – Alternatively this product would do the job well: Brain Vitale

For anxiety/depression/sleep (serotonin, relaxation)
    – 5 htp (50-150mg daily; can be taken 2x day, pm and at sleep)
    – Calcium and magnesium 2x daily (200mg to 400mg 2x daily). Also make sure you are taking regular vitamin d.

For general brain health:
    – B vitamin complex, Pure’s B-Complex Plus is great quality. Supplementing with additional, active, b12 can be beneficial.
    – Omega Fatty Acids, I like Metagenics EPA-DHA 720
    ProThera – MultiThera1 2x daily

Also, I’d like to note that there is crossover between supplements and their uses. IE, L-Tyrosine can also work great for depression, and as Raster has pointed out he uses PS100 for sleep.

A note about B-Vitamins:
    *As a complex, the B vitamins are essential for the proper functioning of the nervous system and are perhaps the most important nutritional factor for healthy nerve cells. The B vitamins also play a role in the conversion of carbohydrates into energy, in the metabolism of fats and protein, and in the maintenance of muscle tone in the GI tract. The B vitamins support the integrity of the skin, hair, and liver.

Post your feedback and let us know what you take for your brain health!

raster
    Participant
    Topics: 104
    Replies: 6838

I take E3AFA which is essential fatty acids. The brain is made up largely of fat so taking fatty acids will heal the brain. I also take super neurogen which helps my spinal fluid to drain properly to prevent seizures.

Calcium out of all of the supplements you mentioned has the greatest risk because if you take it for a prolonged period of time, men can develop heart problems from it.

-raster

goingnatural
    Topics: 38
    Replies: 249

Also, one can’t under-emphasize how important it is to make sure that we are covering our nutritional basics in addition to working through candida. Hence, how very important it is to take quality multivitamins, omega fatty acids, and b-vitamins every day.

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)

The topic ‘Supps for Brain Health’ is closed to new replies.