Super Simple Teff Pancakes

Home The Candida Forum Foods & Recipe Ideas Bread Recipes Super Simple Teff Pancakes

This topic contains 2 replies, has 2 voices, and was last updated by  alexalgebra 6 years, 2 months ago.

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • Author

alexalgebra
    Topics: 41
    Replies: 643

I have literally never had a pancake actually turn out, until tonight when I made these. I just did 1/4 of everything because I only wanted a few pancakes and it was the perfect amount for 3. I used a lot of coconut oil for cooking and they were a little greasy. I also used olive oil in the mix instead of vegetable oil, and did 2 parts cream of tartar to 1 part baking soda in place of baking powder.

Bob’s Red Mill Teff Pancakes Recipe!

2 Tb Vegetable Oil
    2 cups Water
    1/2 tsp Sea Salt
    4 tsp Baking Powder
    2 cups Teff Flour
    Directions

Mix dry ingredients in a bowl. Add liquids and whisk to mix.

Preheat pancake griddle until a drop of water will “dance” on it. (Oil or spray griddle as needed).

Spoon batter onto hot griddle to make pancakes about 4-5” across. Turn when edges seem dry (they won’t brown much because they don’t contain sugar).

Keep cakes warm while you cook remaining cakes (or cool on racks to use as flatbread).

Batter may thicken as it stands. Before spooning subsequent rounds of cakes on the griddle, stir in 1-2 tablespoons of water as needed.

Makes 12 pancakes.

shayfo
    Topics: 18
    Replies: 668

I made a half batch of pancakes based loosely from this recipe.

1/2 cup teff flour
    1/2 cup buckwheat flour
    dash salt
    dash stevia
    severalllll dashes cinnamon
    about 1.5 tsp baking soda (not powder)
    1 egg
    1.5 tbsp olive oil
    water to batter texture (I didn’t measure)
    juice of half a lemon

Preheat griddle. Mix dry ingredients. Add whisked egg, olive oil, and water. Stir thoroughly. Right before cooking, squeeze half a lemon into the batter and mix well. My pancakes were also 4-5″ across, and it made six of them. The lemon/baking soda reaction made them SO FLUFFY. Like, they were thicker than my (giant, manly) finger, and had air in them and everything. I ate them with salted coconut oil (tastes buttery) and coconut manna (tastes like, well, manna from heaven).

alexalgebra
    Topics: 41
    Replies: 643

DUDE! I made these as muffins with shayfo’s recipe and they are the BOMB! They’re like for real actual puffy muffins! Thanks science shay!

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)

The topic ‘Super Simple Teff Pancakes’ is closed to new replies.