super easy fake peanut butter cookies

Home The Candida Forum Foods & Recipe Ideas Snacks & Treats super easy fake peanut butter cookies

This topic contains 3 replies, has 4 voices, and was last updated by  MyButterflyEffect 7 years, 1 month ago.

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Author

lydiaeve
    Topics: 2
    Replies: 0

So I have been CRAVING sweet foods since I started this thing and found a recipe for peanut butter cookies that i adapted to make friendly for the diet!

They’re not quite as good as the real thing but they were enough to make me feel like i’d had a treat and my boyfriend actually seemed to like them better than the real cookies with actual sugar i made him so he wouldn’t eat all of mine!

**Note that you can adapt this recipe for the rest of the family just by swapping the 1/4 cup of stevia for 1 cup of brown sugar.

RECIPE:

1 cup almond butter
    1/4 cup of stevia
    1 organic egg
    1/2 cup crushed almonds (optional)

Preheat oven to 180C (or 360 Farenheight for you americans)

Beat the egg in a large bowl, add all other ingredients until combined.

Spoon walnut sized balls onto a cookie sheet and press down lightly with a fork.

Bake for 8-10 minutes depending on how soft you want them.

Remove from oven and let cool before eating.

Voila!

I honestly suck at baking and these were so easy and quick to make. I whipped them up and baked them in the space of 15 minutes. You can also add in extras if you like such as cinnamon or nutmeg.

Enjoy 😀

Pina
    Topics: 14
    Replies: 36

These are very yum, thanks for sharing! Though I stopped eating these on the Stage 1 diet and will eat them again several months down the line 🙂

Lauren
    Topics: 44
    Replies: 267

I love these cookies they are great! The only problem is finding a almond butter with no sugar in it. It there a certain brand that you have found?

MyButterflyEffect
    Topics: 16
    Replies: 12

Thanks for the recipe! I cut back on the Stevia after my first batch came out a little too sweet. -Made them a few times now 🙂

-Lauren: I found a raw Almond butter at Sunflower that was just made of almonds. I can’t think of the name but it has been the best deal that I’ve found for around $9-10.

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)

The topic ‘super easy fake peanut butter cookies’ is closed to new replies.