Side effects/interaction of some herbs

Home The Candida Forum Candida Questions Side effects/interaction of some herbs

This topic contains 1 reply, has 2 voices, and was last updated by  Vegan Catlady 5 years ago.

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
  • Author

jameskep
    Participant
    Topics: 25
    Replies: 220

I found this interesting:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_herbs_with_known_adverse_effects#cite_note-ErnstE-5

Did not know hawthorn interacts with caffeine. Valerian can cause oversedation/overstimulation. I remember people reporting headaches on it.

Vegan Catlady
    Topics: 34
    Replies: 626

Regular everyday foods have as many side-effects as herbs or supplements.
    Some can be downeright freaky. They can raise/lower bloodpressure and thin blood, or decide which meds get absorbed and which dont.

The herb so far that surprised me most,was Echinacea.
    Back in the late 80’s/early 90’s it was a rage. I couldnt keep it in stock! People were actually coming to the farm to learn to grow it, as they had this idea that they could raise enough of it to sell themselves,lol.
    Unfortunately, you need quite a few acres of Purple Cone flower to grow enough root to sell, and it would take years, but it was cool to see the interest in it.

Apparently echinacea can effect how you metabolize caffeine.
    having a cup of coffee/soda/chocolate before or after a dose of echinacea can cause you to experience an exaggeration of caffeine effects. I cant imagine how many people took their supplements with their morning coffee back then,lol, but I havent found info showing that its more than uncomfortable.

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)

The topic ‘Side effects/interaction of some herbs’ is closed to new replies.