Second Stage: Lemon and Poppyseed Scones

Home The Candida Forum Foods & Recipe Ideas Bread Recipes Second Stage: Lemon and Poppyseed Scones

This topic contains 3 replies, has 4 voices, and was last updated by  KessyLerri 1 year, 11 months ago.

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Author

Fylgia
    Topics: 13
    Replies: 23

I eat this for a treat now that I’m able to eat some second stage foods, but be careful: this recipe contains quite a bit of stevia, butter, and almond flour, so it may not be tolerable for some just yet.

Recipe citation:
    Gluten and Sugar-Free Lemon and Poppyseed Scones
    (I added a tablespoon of dried lavender to the dry ingredients and omitted the liquid stevia. I’ll leave that option up to you.)

Yields 20-24 scones.

4 cups (1 lb / 454 g) almond flour
    1 1/4 cups Stevia Extract in the Raw, or 1/2 cup plus 2 tablespoons New Roots Stevia Sugar
    1 1/2 teaspoons baking powder
    1/4 teaspoon salt
    1 tablespoon poppy seeds
    1 tablespoon dried lavender (optional)
    3 eggs (5.25 oz / 149 g)
    1/2 cup (4 oz / 113 g) fresh lemon juice
    1/4 cup (2 oz / 57 g) salted butter, melted
    3 tablespoons grated lemon zest
    2 teaspoons vanilla extract
    1/4 teaspoon liquid stevia (optional)

Position 2 oven racks in the middle of the oven. Preheat the oven to 350°F (177°C). Line 2 baking sheets with parchment paper or silicone mats or lightly mist them with spray oil.

In a medium bowl, combine the almond flour, Splenda, baking powder, salt, and poppy seeds and whisk until well mixed. In a large bowl, whisk the eggs, lemon juice, butter, lemon zest, vanilla, and liquid stevia together until thoroughly blended. Add the flour mixture and stir with a large spoon for 1 to 2 minutes to make a thick, sticky batter that will hold its shape when dropped from a spoon

Drop the batter onto the prepared pans, using 2 heaping tablespoons of batter per scone and spacing them 2 inches apart.

Bake for 10 minutes, then rotate the pans and switch racks and bake for about 10 more minutes, until the scones are golden brown and firm to the touch.

Immediately transfer the scones to a wire rack and let cool for at least 10 minutes before serving.

Freeze leftovers as soon as possible to avoid mold!

_valeree
    Topics: 5
    Replies: 5

If I wanted to use coconut flour instead. Does anyone know how much?

Macmill4
    Participant
    Topics: 1
    Replies: 1

Thank for this post! I have been using the Oat bran/ Almond flour recipe I just posted and am inspired now to try making a lemon poppy seed version.

KessyLerri
    Blocked
    Topics: 0
    Replies: 4

Don’t know how it be the taste. But I would like to mix Coconut as well. Let’s go how it look like and taste to eat.

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)

The topic ‘Second Stage: Lemon and Poppyseed Scones’ is closed to new replies.