salad dressing recipes??? Help

Home The Candida Forum Candida Questions salad dressing recipes??? Help

This topic contains 7 replies, has 7 voices, and was last updated by  Naturegirl27 7 years, 1 month ago.

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • Author

Naturegirl27
    Topics: 40
    Replies: 36

Okay, so I bought all this lettuce innocently thinking that I could at least use the apple cider vinegar to make some home made italian dressing… I didnt realize that I can only start using in after a couple of weeks on the actual diet, and of course I am going to do the detow for as long as possible before I switch to the diet. SO my question is… does any body have any yummy salas dressing recipes that I could use for my spring baby mix and other veggies. I think lemon and olive oil will taste good together, but should i use a blender?

Please just let me know. I’m gonna do this. This is challenging but of all the shit I’ve been through in my life, God help me, I will do this all!!! And feel much better and be candida free just like some of you lovely, inspirational, and passionate people on the website helping us out.

Bless your hearts!!! I wish I could give you the money you deserve for all of your awesome medical advice through this program, but I’m sure you’ll be paid in good karma. Sending you electronic karma kisses and love!!! Simply put… Thank you!!!

Lauren
    Topics: 44
    Replies: 267

Natural Girl,
    I use to make a salad dressing out of olive oil, lemon, pepper, and garlic or ginger depending on what I felt like that day. I enjoyed it! I just mixed it up, but if you have a blender you could go that. Here is a recipe that I found with the measurement.
    http://recipes.sparkpeople.com/recipe-detail.asp?recipe=7594

I also have found an all natural salad dressing that is super yummy. It has no sugar, dairy free, gluten free, and vegan. It is a Mediterranean Garlic that has lemon juice, water, extra virgin olive oil, ground sumac, salt, oregano, garlic , and xanthan gum. You could make this recipe yourself if you want, and leave out the xanthan gum (Not suppose to have this I believe it makes the salad dressing have 1 gram of carbs). Eventually you might not even really want dressing on your salad. I hardly put anything on it any more. You might even be able to find a salad dressing product at a health store that you can use on the diet.
    Hope this helps 😀
    Lots of love to you,
    Lauren

raster
    Participant
    Topics: 104
    Replies: 6838

I have used bragg’s and annie’s acv dressings with little drawback. They both contain honey and cane sugar (4g per serving) which is very low in sugar.

I have tried making homemade dressings but they have tasted pretty bad.

-raster

orka1998
    Participant
    Topics: 53
    Replies: 673

I do different mixes of olive oil, lemon, sea salt, parsley, oregano, basil. You just do different combinations of green spices however you feel that way so the dressing and salad tastes little different each day. If you are using fresh spice, I would put it into blender. If you are using dry spice, I found that it tastes much better if you make the dressing night before, I use a little bottle, put all ingredients in there, shake it and leave in the fridge, use the next day. That way all the spice lets out most of its taste. For a really yummy dressing (if you have the time and will) put olive oil in a cold pan, place basil in the oil, turn on the heat and let it just start to sizzle, then remove. Let it cool. This will let all the great taste of basil into the olive oil. Use this with lemon or any other spice you want to add on your salad.

Marbro
    Topics: 19
    Replies: 252

I find that Tzatziki is a good think to toss on salads. I dont mind vinager/oil type salad dressing but I like to mix it up with thicker types.

Here is a good Tzatziki recipe and instructions. *you dont have to strain your yogurt if its thick enough for you and also you can make it with milk kefir 🙂
    http://www.kalynskitchen.com/2007/07/worlds-best-tzatziki-sauce-recipe-greek.html

Thousand Island dressing has always been my favorite but I have not come up with a substitute for that yet.

I did find this
    Homemade Buttermilk Ranch Dressing Recipe

Ingredients
    1 cup buttermilk replace with kefir or kefir curds for thicker cream
    1/2 cup mayonnaise replace with yogurt (this you might have to strain)
    1 teaspoon lemon juice
    1/8 teaspoon paprika
    1/4 teaspoon mustard powder try to use organic ingredients
    1/2 teaspoon salt
    1/8 teaspoon black pepper
    1 Tbsp chopped fresh parsley
    1 teaspoon chopped fresh chives
    1/4 teaspoon of dry dill (or a teaspoon chopped fresh)

Method

1 In a medium bowl, stir together the buttermilk and mayonnaise until fully mixed. Add in the other ingredients, adjusting for taste.

Keeps for a week, covered in the fridge.

Yield: Makes about 1 1/2 cups.
    http://simplyrecipes.com/recipes/homemade_buttermilk_ranch_dressing/

Faith
    Topics: 16
    Replies: 87

If you don’t have a garlic press, you should go get one! I’m using mine ALL the time now! Get a big bag of fresh peeled garlic too! I just press a WHOLE bunch of cloves in a container with Olive Oil, I leave it on the counter cause I use it often. It soon has a wonderful garlic taste!!!

I was using lemon with it, but got sick of that. Maybe I’ll bring it back later? I just use my garlic oil on my salad with salt and pepper (and an avocado too, lots of avocado)! Praise God we can have that! 🙂

You should try pickling some turnips,cucumbers, and jalapenos, in ACV! Then when they are chopped up in your salad with the oil, it makes a nice mix! 🙂

Ah…hang in there! Man, this is hard!!! Hard, hard, hard!! I’m just taking it one meal at a time, with MUCH prayer!! 🙂

Hy
    Topics: 20
    Replies: 59

My absolute favorite is so easy to make and so good!

Serves one to two salads
    2 Tablespoons of EVOO
    1 Tablespoon of ACV
    1 Tablespoon of ground flax seed oil
    1/4 teaspoon of Herbamare {SO good} or Sea Salt

Enjoy!

And @Faith — you are so right! This journey is HARD. I get by with lots of prayer, too.

Naturegirl27
    Topics: 40
    Replies: 36

Thank you all so much for sharing. I will have to try them out and see which ones I like… probably all of them. Mmmm cannot wait until I work up to the yogurt and then I can try that tsiziki recipe. 🙂 Yummy

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)

The topic ‘salad dressing recipes??? Help’ is closed to new replies.