salad dressing

Home The Candida Forum Candida Questions salad dressing

This topic contains 2 replies, has 3 voices, and was last updated by  goodjujululu 7 years, 8 months ago.

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • Author

kristie’s hope
    Topics: 3
    Replies: 4

I’m thinking my best option for this diet is eating lots of salad…
    How do I make salad dressing suitable for stage 1?

Hope
    Topics: 22
    Replies: 187

I eat salads mostly at lunch (I’m the preggie one). For breakfast, I eat organic antiobiotic free eggs nearly every morning. I often put veggies in my eggs to make an omelet or frittata. For dinner, I usually have a good-sized portion of organic meat or poultry or seafood with a grain like brown rice and a steamed veggie. If I’m super hungry, I may have a salad at dinner, too, but salads once a day are better. It can be a LOT of salad when you’re doing this for weeks and weeks, you know?

I like to mix olive oil and freshly squeezed lemon juice for a dressing. I include avocado in my salad often, so the creaminess of the avocado kind of winds up making a dressing with the olive oil and lemon or lime juice. I crack sea salt on top and a little freshly ground pepper, sometimes garlic powder or chili powder as well, depending on the salad ingedients. Other yummy salad additions that are great for baby are raw pumpkin seeds, sunflower seeds, canned wild caught tuna (in moderation), hard-boiled organic eggs, diced veggies, and – after the first 2 weeks – you may be able to add small amounts of beans like pintos or kidneys now and then (some candida diets allow them throughout Stage 1). The ones I buy include only the beans, salt, and water in the ingredient list, but I still rinse them very well to remove most of the sodium.

Salsa can be a nice dressing, too. Especially if you grill up some chicken the night before (like for dinner) and add some sliced chicken breast to your salad and some avocado chunks. Herdez salsa is widely available in the international section of supermarkets, and it’s ingredients are all diet-friendly. No citric acid, vinegar, or sugars. If you’re doing plain yogurt or kefir, a little bit on a salad with salsa can add a nice creaminess, almost like sour cream 🙂

Hope this helps!

goodjujululu
    Topics: 1
    Replies: 1

I combine flax seed oil, sesame seed oil, Bragg’s Liquid Aminos, and lemon juice. You could probably use Bragg’s apple cider vinegar as well. I’ve been meaning to try adding tahini to the mix, too.
    Try blending olive oil with avocado, yogurt, cilantro, cucumber, garlic and lemon juice. It’s a lot like tzatziki sauce, which is nice on salads, rice, and lamb.
    Also, olive oil, basil, parsley, lemon juice, garlic, and yogurt would make a good pesto version of what’s above.

Hope this helps!

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)

The topic ‘salad dressing’ is closed to new replies.