Rutabaga Chips

This topic contains 3 replies, has 4 voices, and was last updated by  wenkins 6 years, 10 months ago.

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Author

Lauren
    Topics: 44
    Replies: 267

This is a recipe I got from http://applecrumbles.wordpress.com/2009/08/18/oven-baked-rutabaga-chips/

I use this recipe but I cook the chips for longer to get them more crispy. I also use tinfoil on the bottom of the pan. I coat them with garlic and Italian seasonings. They are super yummy! I am sure many of you use this recipe already, but I figured I would post it for anyone that has not seen it before.

1 Rutabaga, peeled and sliced into thin “chips” (I used the food processor – quick and easy)
    1 TBS olive oil + 1 TBS to coat your baking sheet
    1 tsp salt
    1 tsp pepper
    1 tsp Old Bay Seasoning (or other mixed seasoning)*Use less if you don’t like spicy.

Preheat oven to 425 F. In a bowl, mix all the ingredients except 1 TBS of olive oil.

On a very large sheet pan, coat it with that remaining 1 TBS olive oil and spread the seasoned chips out in a single layer. Cook for about 30 mintues.

I took them for longer and make sure the chips are very thin to get a more crispy chip. They are super yummy

3 1/2 ounces
    Nutrient Cooked Raw
    Calories 39 36
    Protein 1.3 g 1.2 g
    Total Fat .6 g .6 g
    % Calories from fat 5.1% 5.0%
    Carbohydrates 8.7 g 8.1 g
    Fiber 1.8 g 2.5 g

Jo*Jo
    Topics: 64
    Replies: 242

Yum, i will be trying these!

benc
    Topics: 67
    Replies: 419

Had these tonight, prob went a bit over the top though, so lets see what happens.

wenkins
    Topics: 6
    Replies: 34

I am SO gonna make these!

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)

The topic ‘Rutabaga Chips’ is closed to new replies.