RECIPES

This topic contains 3 replies, has 1 voice, and was last updated by  bluebowspoodle 8 years, 7 months ago.

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Author

bluebowspoodle
    Topics: 4
    Replies: 13

I kept posting my recipes in random threads, so I might as well start a new one just for them. I’d like to see what others have been preparing to eat on their diets too, so please post 🙂

bluebowspoodle

Macadamia Nut Butter & Ginger Baked Snapper

2 Servings

Ingredients:
    – 1 Snapper Fillet (frozen or fresh)
    – 3 tablespoons Macadamia Nut butter
    – 3 garlic cloves; smashed and diced
    – 1 tablespoon ginger; diced
    – 2 tablespoon fresh parsley; chopped
    – 1 cup broccoli florets
    – 1/4 of a medium onion; cut in strips
    – 1/2 of a yellow sweet pepper; cut into squares
    – 1/4 cup walnuts; chopped
    – salt & pepper to taste
    – 2 tablespoon safflower oil, separated in half
    – 2 tablespoons lemon juice, separated in half
    – Aluminum foil

1. Preheat the oven to 400 degrees.
    2. In a small bowl mix the Mac Nut butter, 1 tablespoon safflower oil, 1 tablespoon lemon juice, parsley, ginger, garlic, and salt and pepper to taste.
    3. Place the foil in a baking dish, and then drop remaining 1 tablespoon safflower oil on the foil. Place the fillet in the center of the foil and lightly salt and pepper it and drop remaining lemon juice onto the fillet. Cover the fillet with some of the Mac Nut mixture. Place the broccoli, onions, walnuts, and yellow pepper on top of and around the fillet. Salt and pepper the vegetables and then scoop the remaining Mac nut mixture onto the vegetables. Close the foil, and place the dish into the oven.
    4. Let back for 20-25 minutes.
    5. Serve over brown rice or grain of choice. The sauce created in the pouch is delicious on brown rice.

bluebowspoodle

Jumbo Shrimp in the Gumbo

I never had gumbo before, but tonight I got inspired by some frozen okra, and this just tastes so right!

2 cups chopped okra
    1 cup jumbo shrimp with shells on
    1 cup sweet peppers, diced (I used yellow, red, and green)
    1 medium onion, diced
    4 garlic cloves, crushed and chopped
    2 tablespoons of oil
    2 plum tomatoes, diced
    1 Six oz can of tomato paste
    1 jalapeno pepper, sliced
    1/2 cup parsley, chopped
    1/2 cup brown rice
    1/2 cup quinoa
    1 lime, juiced
    1/8 cup unfiltered apple cider vinegar
    1 tablespoon dried oregano
    1 tablespoon dried and crushed bay leaves
    2 big sprigs of fresh thyme
    1/8 teaspoon ground black cloves
    1/8 teaspoon ground nutmeg
    Salt and pepper to taste
    8 cups of water

1. In a pot saute the onions and sweet peppers in the oil, on high heat, until soft and then add the garlic. Once the garlic has cooked a little add the brown rice, quinoa, and jumbo shrimp and keep sauteing with your spoon. Then add the diced tomatoes and tomato paste once the shrimp have turned pink. Keep moving everything it the pot none stop until tomatoes are almost completely mashed. Add all of the water to the pot and stir.
    2. Throw the okra, parsley, jalapeno peppers, oregano, bay leaves, thyme, nutmeg, ground cloves, and initial seasoning with salt and pepper in the pot. Cover the pot and let everything boil for about 30 minutes.
    3. When the rice is about cooked and the gumbo has thickened, add the apple cider vinegar and lime juice to the pot and stir. Taste to check to for enough salt and add more if needed. Allow more 10 minutes to simmer.
    4. Serve with sliced or diced avocados on top of the gumbo. Enjoy the deliciousness and don’t burn your tongue!

**During the boiling process I added about a cup of almond milk bc I didn’t want it to go bad since I switched to coconut milk. I think it enhanced the gumbo but I don’t think that it will be a big difference without it.

bluebowspoodle

Roasted Eggplant and Chickpea Hummus

This can be used as a dip or a side. I had this last night just with brown rice blends.

1 Large purple eggplant, sliced semi-thick/thin
    1 Can chickpeas, drained and soaked
    1 Half head of garlic
    5 Purple Shallots
    1 Lime (or Lemon), juiced
    Olive oil
    Flat leaf parsley
    Salt & pepper to taste

1. Move the rack of the oven to the lowest position in the oven, and preheat the oven to 500 degrees.
    2. Place the sliced eggplants in a lightly greased baking pan. Make sure that they are all laying flat. Leave the shallots and garlic in their skins, cut the tail ends off, and place in pan along with eggplant slices.
    3. Drizzle a little olive oil over everything and lightly salt and pepper everything. Then place in the oven for about 20 minutes.
    4. When eggplants have changed color, remove the pan from the oven. Place the roasted sliced of eggplant in a food processor. Squeeze the shallots and garlic out of their skins into the food processor. Add a good bunch of parsley, lime juice, chickpeas, 1 tablespoon olive oil, and some salt and pepper into the food processor. Puree the mixture until smooth. Add salt if needed. ** if you like the bite of garlic, add one small or partial clove of raw garlic before pureeing the mixture.
    5. Serve as a dip for raw vegetables or rice cakes.

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)

The topic ‘RECIPES’ is closed to new replies.