Question about Olive Oil…interesting

Home The Candida Forum Candida Questions Question about Olive Oil…interesting

This topic contains 2 replies, has 3 voices, and was last updated by  raster 7 years, 2 months ago.

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • Author

immunetroubles
    Topics: 5
    Replies: 26

hi Able and Raster and all,

I noticed something interesting. I know Olice Oil is on the allowed foods list, but now I’m wondering if it is also a natural anti fungal. I’m taking 2 tablespoons per day of it, as my Doctor took me off my statin drug for high cholesterol and is trying to increase my good cholesterol numbers. I’ve noticed a slight burning on my tongue whenever I take the olive oil. I even made my husband take some to see if he had the same burning but he didn’t. I wonder if it’s the thrush reacting to the oil, and hence the burning? Didn’t know if you had heard of anything like that before. Thanks Lynda

Able900
    Spectator
    Topics: 92
    Replies: 4811

Olive oil contains a substance called carvacrol, which is the active antifungal property of some oils, including olive oil.The is the same substance which is in coconut oil (in addition to Caprylic acid) which lends to its antifungal activity, and this is the reason for the reaction that you experienced. However, olive oil is not as powerful an antifungal as coconut oil is, probably due to the Caprylic acid.

Able

raster
    Participant
    Topics: 104
    Replies: 6838

The burn is probably from the candida dying off in your mouth; this is also known as oral thrush.

Like able said, olive oil is antifungal.

-raster

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)

The topic ‘Question about Olive Oil…interesting’ is closed to new replies.