Pumpkin Custard=Easy and delicious!

Home The Candida Forum Foods & Recipe Ideas Snacks & Treats Pumpkin Custard=Easy and delicious!

This topic contains 1 reply, has 2 voices, and was last updated by  cinnamongirl 5 years, 1 month ago.

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
  • Author

2tude58
    Topics: 5
    Replies: 18

I made this yesterday in a blender and pie plate! The eggs are a bit inflammatory but the pumpkin is high enough on the anti-inflammation side (IF ratings) it overrides it. It’s the closest thing to sweet I’ve had yet and my (can eat everything husband) loved it!

Optional: For a topping, I put coconut kefir, stevia and Xanthum Gum (1/2-1 tsp) depending on thickness, in a blender until whipped.

Healthy Pumpkin Pie Custard: Gluten Free & Low Carb

Author: Brenda Bennett
    Nutrition Information
    • Serves: 6
    • Serving size: 1
    • Calories: 76
    • Fat: 3g
    • Carbohydrates: 7g
    • Sugar: 3g
    • Sodium: 56mg
    • Fiber: 2g
    • Protein: 5g
    • Cholesterol: 125mg
    Recipe type: Dessert
    Prep time: 5 mins
    Cook time: 40 mins maybe a bit longer depending upon bakeware, it’s done when a knife comes out clean.
    Total time: 45 mins
    Save Print

Ingredients
    • 1 can (15 ounce) pure pumpkin
    • ½ cup milk ( I used 1%)
    • 4 beaten eggs
    • ½ teaspoon salt
    • 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
    • 2 teaspoons pumpkin spice
    • 1 teaspoon vanilla liquid stevia
    • Optional toppings: Dairy Free Whipped Cream, Sprinkle of nutmeg
    Instructions
    1. Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
    2. Spray 6 ramekin or custard cups with nonstick cooking spray.
    3. In a large bowl mix together pumpkin, milk, eggs, spices and stevia.
    4. Pour evenly into ramekins.
    5. Bake for 40 minutes or until a knife comes out clean.
    6. Best served cold. Top with dairy free whipped cream! Sprinkle with more nutmeg!
    Notes
    This Pumpkin Custard is not your typical pumpkin dessert…lighter in flavor than most pumpkin pie fillings, free of refined sugar and dairy, topped with a ‘sugar crust’ reminiscent of crème brulee… this recipe goes together easily yet is large enough to satisfy a crowd and gourmet enough to deserve a place on the communal table.

cinnamongirl
    Topics: 2
    Replies: 5

sounds yummy but i’m afraid xanthan gum (is made from moulded corn), vanilla extract (has alcohol) which are big no nos. I’d imagine if you read the ingredients in your non dairy whipped cream and coconut Kefir (assuming store bought) you would find more xanthan gum and probably carageenan which are bad for candida sufferers. I’m sure your dessert is tasty and thanks for sharing but you may want to play with other ingredients like guar gum or arrow root.

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)

The topic ‘Pumpkin Custard=Easy and delicious!’ is closed to new replies.