- August 21, 2013 at 3:43 pm #109442
Kim GMemberTopics: 1Replies: 0
I’ve been experimenting over the past month with various bread recipes, and this one is by far the best!
Psyllium Husk Bread
1 1/4 Cup Buckwheat Flour
5 Tablespoons Psyllium Husk Powder
2 Teaspoons Baking Powder
3/4 Teaspoon Sea Salt
3 egg whites, whisked
1 cup boiling water
Preheat oven to 375 (350 if convection). Mix dry ingredients. Add in eggs and mix until well blended. Add in boiling water and stir vigorously until wet dough is formed. Place on a lined cookie sheet and form into a loaf. Bake for 45 minutes and do not remove early.
– You can eat this with a spread such as onion chutney (recipe from forum), avocado & salt, kefir cheese, or plain ol’ extra virgin olive oil.
– Make crostinis: shape the dough wider & shorter on baking pan for smaller slices, which you can then top with grilled asparagus and hollandaise sauce or what have you.
– Use as bread for sandwiches: shape the dough narrower & taller on baking pan for larger slices.
– Use up the extra egg yolks in different recipes: http://www.fortysomething.ca/2010/04/recipes_to_use_up_extra_egg_yo.php (substitutions: stevia for sugar, buckwheat flour for regular flour, ground chia seeds for cornstarch, coconut milk or kefir for regular or whole milk).
You must be logged in to reply to this topic.