Pre-Workout Snack (Smoothie, Etc.)

Home The Candida Forum Candida Questions Pre-Workout Snack (Smoothie, Etc.)

This topic contains 1 reply, has 2 voices, and was last updated by  raster 4 years, 4 months ago.

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
  • Author

Trilby
    Topics: 2
    Replies: 0

I used to drink a small pre-workout smoothie, which contained fruit (simple carbohydrate for quick energy), yogurt, milk, and ice, 30 minutes prior to my workout (e.g. running) to give me quick energy during my workout. However, I’m now on the strict anti-candida diet and can no longer have fruit. As directed by Wellness Educator at my alternative-medicine doctor’s office, I ate one serving (1 cup) of plain, unflavored Greek yogurt instead, and my heart rate rapidly sky-rocketed to 171 beats per minute (BPM). (I am 41 years old, 5 feet 4 inches tall, and weigh approximately 129 pounds.) I had to stop every few minutes because I was so out of breath. Therefore, what can I have to replace the fruit (simple carbohydrate) to give me that quick energy, which I need for working out?

raster
    Participant
    Topics: 104
    Replies: 6838

You are likely allergic to dairy. If you tried out goats milk yogurt you likely wont be allergic to it. I would do a vegetable smoothie with a variety of greens such as kale, chard, garlic, nuts, etc. If you want to consume fruit I would aim for berries, apricots, citrus fruits, or watermelon.

-raster

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)

The topic ‘Pre-Workout Snack (Smoothie, Etc.)’ is closed to new replies.