Plantain?

This topic contains 6 replies, has 3 voices, and was last updated by  Javizy 7 years, 2 months ago.

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • Author

lashes86
    Topics: 6
    Replies: 24

Can you eat plantain on the candida diet?

Thanks!

Javizy
    Topics: 20
    Replies: 945

I’d say probably not since it’s 15% sugar and 15% starch, with relatively little fibre (2%). Maybe something you could add later on as a test item in phase 1 or in phase 2. It’s worth checking this site when you want to know the nutritional profile of a food http://nutritiondata.self.com/

raster
    Participant
    Topics: 104
    Replies: 6838

It contains 27g of sugar for a whole medium plantain which is way too much. Try to limit your daily sugar to 25g if possible.

http://nutritiondata.self.com/facts/fruits-and-fruit-juices/2030/2

-Raster

lashes86

Ok great thanks for the info and the website link! I am at stage 3 at the moment… I could always test it out.

lashes86

Thanks Raster. I could let’s say eat 1/2 or 1 of these (daily) on occasions maybe?

raster
    Participant
    Topics: 104
    Replies: 6838

Plantains and bananas are one of the highest sugar fruits that there is. If possible, consider alternatives such as green apple or blueberries which have much less sugar per serving size. Canteloupes contain molds and pineapple is also high in sugar. I would only eat it as a test food item and very sparingly.

If you want to feed candida and go back to where you were when you started, eating a banana everyday could do this…

-Raster

Javizy
    Topics: 20
    Replies: 945

I’ve seen you mention blueberries, but what about other berries? As far as I remember the raspberries I last bought were 4% sugar, which makes an 11% sugar Granny Smith look like a candida feast. I really still don’t get why some foods containing sugar are allowed while others containing less aren’t. Goat’s cheese, for instance, is about 1% sugar. The argument for 6% sugar Greek yoghurt is that it’ll do more good than bad, but if you ate some goat’s cheese with a glass of kefir, wouldn’t it balance in the same way? Ultimately, it all depends on your reactions, but I’d like to understand the reasons behind these choices.

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)

The topic ‘Plantain?’ is closed to new replies.