Oats – Yes or No?

Home The Candida Forum Candida Advice Oats – Yes or No?

This topic contains 2 replies, has 3 voices, and was last updated by  JLT 8 years, 6 months ago.

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • Author

whyitsme
    Topics: 9
    Replies: 72

Okay so this is something I am just not sure about. Half the diets say don’t eat it. It is a grain with gluten. And then the other half say to eat it.

So does anyone for sure? I suppose none is the safest cause.

I have just added a small amount to yogurt and berries, after 8 weeks on diet. Just tired of eating the same foods, so since berries, yogurt and oats are on some lists I thought I’d add it back about 3-4 times a week. (only about 1/4 cup of oats per serving)

however I don’t want to negatively reverse the good I have done.

Advice?

Eileen40
    Topics: 3
    Replies: 14

If you don’t have a gluten intolerance, could you try it? Does one wrong food destroy weeks of work? How sensitive is this diet to minor infractions? Some diets have wiggle room while others could crash and burn with a single meal.

I wish I could help. If it were me, I’d forget the oats, but you may be able to handle it.

JLT
    Topics: 6
    Replies: 15

Bob’s Mill make a great gluten free outmeal. The truth is oats are gluten free but most factories use flour in the rolling process. Also alot of oats are grown all mixed in with where wheat is being grown. So you must go to the health food store (I am seeing it more and more in mainstrean grocers) and buy gluten free oats.

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)

The topic ‘Oats – Yes or No?’ is closed to new replies.