oats….no oats??

Home The Candida Forum Candida Questions oats….no oats??

This topic contains 1 reply, has 2 voices, and was last updated by  raster 7 years, 5 months ago.

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
  • Author

CA Nancy
    Topics: 1
    Replies: 0

I am new to this whole concept but have been on the ‘diet’ for 4 weeks now. I don’t see a lot of change yet, except weight loss and inches off, so that is ok with me. I do have a question. I keep getting conflicting info about oats and oatmeal. I often have steel cut oats for breakfast or a museli which I make with oats, rye, quinoa, almonds, coconut and sunflower seeds. I eat this with plain Greek Yogurt. What about barley flakes

raster
    Participant
    Topics: 104
    Replies: 6838

All seeds are best raw; but in general they contain molds/fungi and should be avoided until stage 2. Same for all nuts including almonds.

Quinoa is a borderline item; it does contain some gluten. A good alternative is buckwheat which contains no gluten. For me personally, I couldn’t digest the quinoa and it gave me a reaction 3 days after eating it regularly. Maybe have it sparingly if at all. I also think that quinoa may contain some molds/fungi but am unsure.

Oats contain some gluten and it is best to have oat bran which has only the healthy portion of the oats. Some rolled oats are gluten free supposedly, but it is still a grain.

Hope this helps! What else are you eating during the diet?

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)

The topic ‘oats….no oats??’ is closed to new replies.