Nystatin help!

Home The Candida Forum Candida Questions Nystatin help!

This topic contains 3 replies, has 3 voices, and was last updated by  bex139 6 years, 3 months ago.

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Author

bex139
    Topics: 5
    Replies: 4

I’ve got some over the counter nystatin (oral tablets-the packet says to take 3 times a day), and wondered how to take it/what is the dosage? does it interfere with the herbs i’m taking?

My current supplement schedule –

grapefruit seed extract 3 times daily
    linseed oil 3 times daily
    bioacidophillus twice a day
    candibactin 3 times

help much appreciated!

mygutleaks
    Participant
    Topics: 47
    Replies: 166

where do you live? Nystatin in the USA is prescription only. The dosage should really be 6 tablets per day, 2 tablets, 3x/day. I was on 3/day and it worked, but once I doubled the dose, I progressed much faster. My doc says you want to work your way up to the 6. You can even go as high as 8 million units which would be 16 per day. Dr. Stoll and Dr. Truss is where I got my info (search online and you will find their writings) – also my doc says he has some patients on 16/day, sometimes for two years. Dr. Stoll says you can take too little – so he recommends at least 3 million (6 tabs).

You can take them with or without food. it won’t interfere with the herbs you’re on as far as I know.

raster
    Participant
    Topics: 104
    Replies: 6838

The more is not the merrier as far as taking antifungals; be sure to take things slowly and don’t expect to nuke the candida in one home run.

What are you taking to protect yourself from the die-off toxins?

-raster

bex139
    Topics: 5
    Replies: 4

thanks for the help. i’m not taking anything for the die-off. i’ve been on the diet nearly 4 months now so i would have thought i’m not going to be getting any more die-off symptoms?

does nystatin tend to speed the process up?

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)

The topic ‘Nystatin help!’ is closed to new replies.