- March 1, 2012 at 9:53 am #74641
LaurenMemberTopics: 44Replies: 267
*Note: You can change ingredients to whatever type of meat and vegetables. I kept the two fresh tomatoes in the recipe though tomatoes do have sugar in them so you can always take them out and add something else. Here is the recipe the way I made it. Rutabaga might taste great in this.
Cooking time 9- 10 hours in crock pot
-1 pound of chicken breast meat cut up
-2 fresh tomatoes (not needed)
-1 medium onion
-32 oz Orgianc, gluten free, sugar free beef broth (I use Pacific Natural Foods. You can use chicken broth if you prefer. I just feel the beef broth gave it more flavor)
– 2 tablespoons of dried parsely
– 2 teaspoons of salt
– 2 teaspoons of dried thyme
– 1/2 teaspoon black pepper
– 2 peppers(not in original recipe but I added)
– 4 stocks of celery chopped (not in original recipe but I added)
– 2 cups of cabbage (I hate cabbage so I did not add this)
– 1 medium zucchini
– Any other spice you want to add, like garlic 🙂
1) Cut the meat into 1 inch cubes. Cut the vegetables. Place chicken in the slow cooker. Place all vegetables except zucchini and cabbage in slow cooker. Add the broth. Then add water if needed, you want to make sure the vegetables and chicken are covered in liquid. Add spices to your liking. Cook for 8 to 9 hours on low.
2) Slice zucchini and chop cabbage in 1/4 inch pieces. Add to soup and cook on high for another hour. (You dont need to do add zucchini and cabbage. I did not and it turn out good).
Recipe originally from Slow Cooker by Margaret Kaeter but has been completely changed.
The topic ‘Noddless Chicken Minestrone Soup’ is closed to new replies.