Newbie and overwhelmed in Texas

Home The Candida Forum Candida Questions Newbie and overwhelmed in Texas

This topic contains 3 replies, has 3 voices, and was last updated by  Lordshelpr 6 years, 2 months ago.

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Author

Lordshelpr
    Topics: 6
    Replies: 16

Hello All,
    I posted here once last year and then fell away,but now I am back to stay.
    I am so sick of all these diagnosis and feeling like garbage.

I’m wanting to start on the candida diet here. Is there somehwere that the entire protocol is written out? I have not been able to findit and I think I know what to eat and what not to eat,but I need to be sure. I do not have vaginal yeast infections now,but when I was younger I had them frequently. I do have itchy ears, dry skin,rumbling stomach, stuff like that.

I’ve also been dx with CFS, FMS, MCS, adrenal fatigue, and hypothyroidism. I REALLY want to get well.

3 months ago I took a Metagenix stool and urine test. Dx came back with parasites, leaky gut, candidiasis and not assimilating probiotics. I was on Renew life at that time nd my Dr. put me on VSL#3,which I am about to finish now. I don’t know if I need to stay on probiotics as I start the diet or wait until after the first few weeks.
    I was treated for the parasites with Alinia 500 mg, for 2 weeks.

I have a lot of questions ,but don’t want to overburden anyone here. One thing I read about was how good this probiotic is called “HMF neuro”. I looked at it and it doesn’t have the ingredient called “DDS1” that is also recommended to heal candida. I’m also concerned that it does have magnesium sterate in it. I read a article by Dr. Mercola that says that mag ster. blocks assimilation.
    So, I don’t know what probiotic to use. The Megafood looks good,but pricey.
    Also how about using grapefruit seed extract?

Last but not least… I read here where brown rice feeds candida. I’d like to know if that is true then why is it advised to take apo-lactoferrin to help with iron and candida,yet it is made from rice?
    I have had to take iron supps for the last 8 months due to being severley deficent and hypothyroid. I’m afraid if I stop the supps and try to increase with just food,then my levels will fall all over again and my hypothyroidism will get even worse.

It’s such a challenge to try and heal ALL these things when one thing may be contraindicated for healing the other….. Gheezz.

Any suggestions?

Thank you
    Robbie

Julia
    Replies: 78

Hi there
    Im sorry to hear sbout your struggles. I can help support you as best i can as will many others on here.
    There is a lot of information out there. It ishard to decide what might work for you. For me i eat brown rice and have still been very sucrssful in treating and curing candida. Others belive the rice will be or can be detrimental.
    I believe that you cant starve yeast completly. It is stubborn and if not getting enough sugar will begin to feed of our cells. Others do not believe this and try to starve it out. I prefere to cut off most off its food supply and kill it with H2O2 and other antifungals. Too much starving can stress out our bodies and that alone causes an increase in our blood sugars and feeds the yeast! Better to be happy and heathly while going threw this process is my belief. So a little brown rice noodles in a day is ok by me.
    You will find a lot of support here and you own place and comfort in what works for you.
    Could you be more specific as to what your other medical conditions are? Im not sure if i’ve guessed correctly.
    Thx
    Take care
    : )

raster
    Participant
    Topics: 104
    Replies: 6838

Here is the link to the protocol:
    http://www.thecandidadiet.com/forum/yaf_postst1334_From-Able-and-Raster-The-Protocol.aspx

Its on the sticky tab at the top of the forum.

We don’t recommend brown rice on the diet because it is inflammatory, contains high amounts of starch, and some sugar. If you do eat rice, black rice, red rice, and wild rice all have better nutritional properties. Also rice can ferment in the gut and you want to avoid fermentation at all costs. Buckwheat is a good alternative because it contains only 25% starch and has similar texture. Buckwheat also is a prebiotic that feeds the beneficial bacteria in the gut.

I rotate between HMF neuro and megaflora personally and I feel both are great products. Their prices are somewhat similar as well, $40-50 US per bottle. You’ll need to be on probiotics long term and its best to get a wide variety of strains in the gut. Kefir is something you can make at home and provides even a wider range of strains in the probiotics; think of it as liquid yogurt.

GSE can be problematic because it is hard on the liver and contains citricidal which is a chemical. There are some other antifungals I would recommend more personally. If you have parasites, I would consider black walnut extract/chamae rose extract which also will kill the candida.

Eating a product derived from rice is not the same as eating cups and cups of rice.

-raster

Lordshelpr
    Replies: 16

Thank you Julia and Raster for your encouragment.

Julia, the illnesses I have been dx with are chronic fatigue syndrome(I have EPV too),fibromyalgia syndrome, multiple chemical sensitivity, adrenal fatigue and hypothyroidism. I’m also gluten intolerant so I do not eat any bread,except for a occasional bread made from almond or coconut flour, and I do not eat grains either because of cross contamination.
    Thank you so much for your warm welcome. 🙂

Raster,
    Thank you for the protocol link. I am assuming that I need to do the “cleanse” before I start the diet. I am already on probiotics and have been for almost a year. Do I need to stop the probiotics while I do the cleanse and then restart them when I start the diet?

No problem about not eating rice as I am gluten and grain free and have been for about 8 years now. I just asked because of the apo-lactoferrin. Speaking of that should I start on that AFTER the cleanse or before?

Where is the best and least costly place to oreder the HMF and Megaflora?
    I do make my own kefir at home and do it with raw milk or unsweetned coconut milk.
    Is that alright?

Thanks for the heads up on the GSE. I won’t use that anymore!

Robbie

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)

The topic ‘Newbie and overwhelmed in Texas’ is closed to new replies.