New sweetener_ Allulose _ Is it as safe as Stevia?

Home The Candida Forum Candida Questions New sweetener_ Allulose _ Is it as safe as Stevia?

This topic contains 1 reply, has 2 voices, and was last updated by  Wiley200 1 year, 1 month ago.

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
  • Author

Vita
    Participant
    Topics: 1
    Replies: 0

I have been researching this new craze in health products. Allulose. There are a good amount of products out there that have many of the proper ingredients for the phase 2 of this Candida diet, however it also contains allulose. I have found that…

“Allulose occurs in small quantities in nature, in things like maple syrup, figs, and raisins. It’s only recently become available for use by food companies. Allulose only contributes 0.4 Calories per gram instead of the 4.0 Calories per gram contributed by table sugar. That’s 1/10th the calories. The FDA requires Allulose to be listed in the sugars section on the nutrition facts panel even though it doesn’t have the Calories of regular sugar.”

Is this substitute as safe as stevia and allowed on this Candida diet?

Some products that carry allulose..
    https://knowfoods.com/collections/frontpage/products/know-better-pancake-mix

Thank you

Wiley200
    Participant
    Topics: 2
    Replies: 386

It sounds like it’s likely made from GMO corn starch, which may or may not be a concern for you.

I would hold off on this until it’s been in the market for a little longer, and we understand it better. There are definitely low carb sweeteners that can be quite irritating to the gut. Some people find that xylitol causes stomach cramps and diarrhea, for example.

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)

The topic ‘New sweetener_ Allulose _ Is it as safe as Stevia?’ is closed to new replies.