New! Help!

This topic contains 1 reply, has 2 voices, and was last updated by  NeekyNoo 8 years ago.

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
  • Author

sfromana
    Topics: 1
    Replies: 0

Hi! I am new to the diet. Just started last week. I did not do the cleanse bc I don’t think I can handle being without food. I just saw a GP who is testing me for candida symptoms, but my allergist also sees signs of candida, so I’m pretty much sold on it being the cause of: bacteria vaginosis, perioral dermatitis, aches and pains in legs, fatigue and insomnia. I got fired two months ago, so the insomnia might be in relation to that.
    Anyway, I am confused. For the past week I have been eating:
    Brown rice (as cereal)
    Quinoa
    Plain yogurt
    nuts: almonds, some caschews, sunflower seeds, pumpkin seeds
    Using Agave, not Stevia
    Herbal Tea
    Brown Rice Milk
    Veggies on list
    etc.

However, I am seeing in the forum that agave is not good. Is that right? Also, many posts about not having grains in the first week. (brown rice, quinoa)

so I need verification if I can eat these things or not!! I have started to feel some die-off (hot flashes! sweats..) but for the rest, my fatigue has lessened.

Can someone please verify that I am not eating any no-no foods?

thank you!!!

NeekyNoo
    Topics: 6
    Replies: 46

Hello,
    The only definite no no is agave, it is still a sugar, so must be avoided. The only two sweeteners that are allowed are stevia and xylitol, this is because neither of them affect your blood sugar and score zero on a gi (glycemic index) rating.
    For the very beginning of the diet I would cut out yoghurt and brown rice as well, and then re introduce one at a time to see how they affect you.

If you want a milk, try making almond milk, it really is very easy. You will need to buy a nut milk bag, or some muslin fabric, but that’s all.
    Soak 1/2 cup raw almonds overnight
    Drain and blend with 2 cups water
    Strain through a nut milk bag or muslin (squeeze out all the milk)
    And that’s it, you have a pint of milk.

You can use the pulp then for making crackers, if you want.

A good breakfast I was having when, I first started, is quinoa/millet with some coconut oil mixed through, and some nuts &/ seeds.
    I now often have celery and nut butter or a fresh vegetable juice.

It is worth doing some kind of cleanse/detox as this kind of kick starts your body into healing mode, but ai don’t think it’s essential. If you cut down on your intake of food gradually, over 5-7 days, then do the cleanse, you will find the lack of food easier to cope with as you’ve shrunk your stomach. Also, try not to do too much while you are cleansing, as you will have less energy.

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)

The topic ‘New! Help!’ is closed to new replies.