- March 8, 2011 at 7:01 pm #62835
EllenMemberTopics: 1Replies: 0
Basically I’ve come to The Candida Diet website in hopes of figuring out what’s going on with me. At times, I feel like a complete hypochondriac but I don’t feel good and am trying to get to the bottom of the issue. Here are my “symptoms”:
– Generally tired, all the time
– Have run anemic in the recent past – took iron pills
– Have always been very susceptible to yeast infections
– Was on birth control pill for about a year – totally messed with my hormonal system. 20 pounds of weight gain I cannot shed, horrible mood swings… my body is now, a year later, still not where I feel “normal” hormonally most of the time
– Get these rashes all the time. I will itch and as soon as I scratch the spot it will turn into hives in that area. More like hives along the scratches. I’ll take antihistamines to combat but that seems odd – anyone else have hives/rash with Candida?
– Bloated stomach/bowels – irregular, I feel like I am constantly bloated, no matter what I eat.
– CRAVE sweets, sugars, starches. I could live on cereal with milk.
Does this sound like Candida to ya’ll?
I feel nearly pointless trying to go to the doctor for this… I’m almost sure they’ll tell me the “normal” labs are OK. I want to try the Candida diet/cleanse.
So, need support/help/recommendations. I plan to do the detox/cleanse with a 3 day fast (with detox drink, broth, etc) followed by 7 days of the veggies only, sorta combining the 2 detox/cleanse options. There’s nowhere around here to get a colonic anyway.
I guess then at that point I’ll switch to the step 1 and then step 2. I’m just really wanting to do well and stick to it and am hoping for ya’lls support along the way. I know I can do it, it’ll just be a challenge.
Planning to start the program on 3/14/11 – thanks for your help!March 9, 2011 at 11:56 am #62844
debthebeeMemberTopics: 4Replies: 24
Your symptoms do sound a lot like Candida from what I’ve read. Especially if you’ve been susceptible to yeast infections, this is usually a tell tale sign. I have many of those symptoms and more but you don’t have to have all the symptoms as it will affect people differently.
I didn’t do the cleanse as I didn’t think I’d manage, but I’m now 2 and a half weeks into stage 1 and I have seen improvements. I’m not as tired as I was, my stomach troubles have improved and I’m not craving sugar anymore. It’s a great feeling. I still want to eat more than I need, but I used to get out of control and binge. And even people who don’t have Candida will benefit from doing this diet. Clearing your body of years of preservative, sugar and caffeine build up.
I would say do the cleanse if you can. What you suggested sounds fine. I think the reason I didn’t do it was because I was scared I would find it too hard and fall off the wagon. You know whether you can manage it or not though so go with that and do your best!March 13, 2011 at 9:05 pm #62884
lbkio897MemberTopics: 4Replies: 10
I am new to this as well. I agree with Deb. It definitely sounds like you have Candida. I can relate to all your symptoms. I have been suffering with hives for almost 3 years now and I’ve been to different doctors, a dermatologist, a rheumatologist, and an allergist and none of them could help me. I’ve been on several different medications including prednisone which only made my symptoms worse. I then found this site and realized that I have Candida as well. I’m currently 3 days into stage 1 of the Candida diet. I haven’t done any cleansing yet but I intend to. So far I’ve noticed slight improvements but I’m hoping to see some major improvements after a couple weeks. It’s a hard diet to stick to but the recipes definitely a lot. I wish you luck on your journey to better health!
The topic ‘Need Advice/Direction/Support’ is closed to new replies.