My experience + tips

Home The Candida Forum Your Stories & Journals My experience + tips

This topic contains 0 replies, has 1 voice, and was last updated by  Nyczace 6 months, 3 weeks ago.

Viewing 1 post (of 1 total)
  • Author

Nyczace
    Participant
    Topics: 4
    Replies: 21

My first fungal infection occurred under times of great stress. (uni exams) During those times, I would stay up until the early hours of the morning and eat a bad diet and so on.
    Since then, I’ve always had a persistent fungi problem in the crotch area. To treat the infection, my doctor prescribed me antibiotics and then things got worse. Severe anxiety, mental fog, loss of co-ordination, chronic fatigue etc.

Some foods definitely help with the symptoms, but as we all know, when you’re slacking with your diet, the symptoms come back full force. I think the candida diet that’s popular on this forum doesn’t address the issue of rebuilding the intestinal walls which were damaged under times of stress and poor diet.

Things that help me (I’m not fully cured yet):
    -garlic (very powerful)
    -apple cider vinegar
    -fruits including apples, mangoes, grapes, strawberries etc. You shouldn’t neglect your fruits on the diet. Apples are essential for your health and I always felt a good gut feeling after eating mango for some reason.
    -gut healing foods such as cabbage and celery.
    -SALADS – include as many fruit and veg into the salad as you can. the more, the better. cucumbers, cabbage, lettuce, onions, tomatoes, spinach.

The final point is essential. I’ve read a lot about candida sufferers needing foods containing glutamine, gelatin and collagen to rebuild gut walls. Bone broth is probably the best source of this followed by green vegetables.

I will keep posting on here to share my story.

Viewing 1 post (of 1 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.