Multi Vitamin

Home The Candida Forum Candida Questions Multi Vitamin

This topic contains 2 replies, has 2 voices, and was last updated by  shiiloh 7 years, 2 months ago.

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • Author

shiiloh
    Topics: 5
    Replies: 6

Are Multi Vitamins good to take while on this diet?

This is the one I have at home:

http://www.clinicians.co.nz/everyday-health/products/multivitamin-mineral-boost-powder/

It does have Molybdenum in it and Vitamin C.

Thanks

Able900
    Spectator
    Topics: 92
    Replies: 4811

Shiiloh ;
    The multiple vitamin you have is measured in mg and mcg, which means you don’t know the percentage of the minimum daily requirement of each of the eight B vitamins. When searching for a multiple vitamin, you need to find a brand which reads 100% of each B vitamin, or if not 100%, it should at least contain the same percentage for each. This is because you may already be deficient in one or more B vitamins and taking more than your body needs of one or two specific vitamins but not enough of the ones you’re low or deficient in can cause a larger imbalance than you’re already experiencing. This is why I never recommend any multiple vitamin since one which contains the exact ratio of B vitamins is extremely difficult to locate.

In addition, your body makes its own B vitamins from foods such as kefir and yogurt as well as the probiotics taken by mouth. So the only way you normally need to take a supplement is if you’ve been tested and are aware of the need for a specific B vitamin for which you’re low or deficient.

However, the above being said, most people who contract a Candida overgrowth are probably deficient in one or more of the B vitamins. This is because Candida sufferers are habitually deficient in beneficial bacteria (otherwise it’s doubtful that they would have contracted Candida). In studies, a large majority of Candida sufferers who are tested show a deficiency of Biotin. Therefore, Biotin taken as 1000 mcg a day for four days, then 1000 mcg a day morning and evening after meals can usually be beneficial to the treatment. It’s usually safe to start reducing the amount if the die-off becomes strong, or once your’ Candida symptoms have started to lessened considerably.

The multiple vitamin also doesn’t have enough Molybdenum unless you plan on taking around 15 capsules a day. It also doesn’t contain near enough vitamin C.

http://www.thecandidadiet.com/forum/yaf_postst1173_Vitamins-Minerals-Herbs.aspx

Able

shiiloh
    Topics: 5
    Replies: 6

Sweet! Thanks for showing me that forum, big help. I’ll need to slowly purchase some of these vitamins.

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)

The topic ‘Multi Vitamin’ is closed to new replies.