Milk Thistle Recommendation

Home The Candida Forum Candida Questions Milk Thistle Recommendation

This topic contains 3 replies, has 3 voices, and was last updated by  Sonic Boom 5 years, 10 months ago.

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Author

BlueSkies
    Participant
    Topics: 20
    Replies: 73

My search for the best supplements continues.

The original milk thistle that I had was in alcohol: https://www.gaudaur.com/medicinal-herbs/milk-thistle/milk-thistle-tincture-50-ml-st-francis.html

I returned this product and got Nature’s Way Milk Thistle and Chardon Marie instead, but I’m unsure if this is the best alternative. I’m concerned that it’s a gelatin cap… http://www.vitacost.com/Natures-Way-Milk-Thistle-Standardized-60-Capsules

Can anyone give me some advice about a good brand of Milk Thistle? Yesterday, I had die-off and I haven’t been taking Molybdenum (on order), Milk Thistle (unsure of brand), or Swedish Bitters (purchased however) yet.

Able900
    Spectator
    Topics: 92
    Replies: 4811

The Nature’s Way brand looks alright. It does contain millet, but I imagine it’s such a small amount you won’t even know you’ve had it, and millet would be better than some other ingredients I’ve seen added to herbs.

Turmeric is just as effective at protecting the liver and it’s a stronger antioxidant and anti-inflammatory. But milk thistle is a better at regenerating the liver if there’s damage.

Able

BlueSkies
    Participant
    Topics: 20
    Replies: 73

Thanks, Able.

I do take Tumeric each day anyway, but I’ll add this in any way. It can’t hurt for a few weeks.

Thanks.

Sonic Boom
    Topics: 15
    Replies: 52

Hmm, how long do you suppose one must take Milk Thistle to safely assume that any possible damage is repaired? I am thinking about switching to Turmeric supplements after a while.

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)

The topic ‘Milk Thistle Recommendation’ is closed to new replies.