Maltodextrin- I'm giving up.

Home The Candida Forum Candida Questions Maltodextrin- I'm giving up.

This topic contains 5 replies, has 5 voices, and was last updated by  ILLaViTaR 4 years, 9 months ago.

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • Author

Klomps
    Topics: 3
    Replies: 2

After 6 weeks of the candida diet I just noticed my stevia contained maltodextrin.
    I added it to my quinoa puffs and homemade almond butter.
    After this realization I sobbed harder then I ever have before.
    Am I starting over tomorrow? Have the last six weeks not counted for anything?

Please comment, I’m super down right now…

raster
    Participant
    Topics: 104
    Replies: 6838

Oh I did the same thing with things like rice, yogurt, quinoa, etc. and once I removed them I started to heal a lot faster. This is a long term battle that lasts for months for most people, so its not going to be a fast recovery.

You’ll only get better faster now…

It didn’t feed the yeast that much at all, its going to live regardless.

-raster

Klomps
    Topics: 3
    Replies: 2

raster;58020 wrote: Oh I did the same thing with things like rice, yogurt, quinoa, etc. and once I removed them I started to heal a lot faster. This is a long term battle that lasts for months for most people, so its not going to be a fast recovery.

You’ll only get better faster now…

It didn’t feed the yeast that much at all, its going to live regardless.

-raster

Thank you raster.

Ruth
    Topics: 0
    Replies: 6

You can use liquid stevia instead. I use it for tabletop use and for cooking/baking.

TheChosenOne
    Participant
    Topics: 34
    Replies: 410

Typical mistake. I think we’ve all been there.
    Not so much to worry about. Maltodextrin is not a real sugar. I’d say it’s more like a starch.
    The most important part of your treatment is detoxing, not your diet. I think it’s just a minor setback.

ILLaViTaR
    Topics: 6
    Replies: 6

Your candida and any other microbe should be very low/weakened from 6 weeks of that little sugar/starch.

I think really there’s more to a diet, mine dies off drastically within a day or 2, then for weeks I hardly improve at all. The diet is the most important aspect but I think you need to address your immune system and gut environment. I can feel that it’s going to stick around and outlast me without food, it seems to live off beef and even greens/anything in my case if desperate. If I have a bar of chocolate it’ll cause overgrowth and an apple 12hrs later won’t. But go off sugar completely for 2 days and that same apple causes worse growth than the chocolate did :S So when I’m only eating organic kale it seems to feed off that too (although rarely but it does it’s situation for some odd reason). Things like mercury/oxidative stress/leaky gut could be the real issue. And in my case blastocystis hominis which causes a passive leaky gut.
    All the best of luck!!

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)

The topic ‘Maltodextrin- I'm giving up.’ is closed to new replies.