Long term Yeast Free?

Home The Candida Forum Your Stories & Journals Long term Yeast Free?

This topic contains 1 reply, has 2 voices, and was last updated by  kelandu 8 years, 4 months ago.

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
  • Author

All68
    Topics: 1
    Replies: 0

I have been yeast free since July 5th 2010! It feels AWESOME!

A bit of history on why I went yeast free…

In March 2010 i was Diagnosed with Vitiligo, I was told that the patches would get worse under stress and you need will need to be anti- anxiety RX and Steroid creams to keep it under control.

This was a stressful time for me, but in know way did i feel that this was my answer. But i did what they said and added new RX’s to what I was already taking for Allergies, & Migraines.

I lived this way until about June, then started wanting to know WHY I got Vitilitgo.. no real answer, but I have learned alot.. It is an Auto-Immune Issue. So my focus then became to improve my immune system.

I learned fast, that we live in a world full of toxins and everything we come in contact with and eat can effect our immune system.

I came across this website, and several others. After that i was even more convinced that Yeast played a roll in my immune system being off balance…
    I was on BCP for 20 years
    I had a major case of C-diff and was on Anti-bioitcs for 3 months straight
    had Steriod injections for my knee ( 3xtimes the year before i got Vitiligo)
    This is just the short list

By this time i was ready. We had a big party planned on the 4th, so i ate what ever i wanted on that day .. the next day i went cold turkey and quit anything that created yeast in my system.

The die-off was pretty bad for a week! At that time i was glad i still have my Migriane RX
    The next week was better and each week after that was great, my energy level was something i had not had since in my 20’s
    by the 30 day mark, My husband, starting noticing my dark circles were lighter and i was happy, and I had lost some weight
    It just kept getting better…
    I stopped taking all of my RX’s… I no longer feel nervous that my Migraine rx is not filled….
    2.5 months into it, we went on vacation and I wore a bikini (something I have not worn since my honeymoon)
    I managed to eat clean on vacation and loved it…

So now, here i am…. 4 months into eating yeast free… No wiling to go back, but wondering where to go now… I know that my food box is small and with the holidays around the corner, wondering what a bit of clean baked goods would do (almond flour and Agave)

Any words of wisdom on going forward…
    If i do eat something that has a bit of sugar or wheat, will it bring it all back?

Thanx for any comments
    A

kelandu
    Topics: 7
    Replies: 63

Hi there
    you have come a long way, well done!
    Im on week 14 of the diet and to be honest I still have bad days. I wanted sugar again but was too scared to take it so I got some stevia and xlitotol (spelling) and I use that to make puddings. Also I found some gluten, wheat free flour which is great so i can bake now. I make rice puddings too which are delicious using brown rice, vanilla essence and rice milk with a bit of stevia and cinamon.
    we all take different times to fully recover and they advice you to stick to the diet where poss but reintroduce once thing at a time and see how you get on.
    Are you back on fruit yet? Im not, I had an apple a few weeks back and went crazy lol.
    I think you could experiment with the foods you can eat .
    I bake egg custard, puddings, biscuits using the flour and unsalted butter etc.
    Just do one small step at a time and see how you do. But keep a food diary then if you have something that makes you feel dodgy then tick it off the not to eat list for a while then reintroduce it back at a later date.
    If you do this and you are fine then let us know what you were ok with, i cant wait to expand my food list too lol x

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)

The topic ‘Long term Yeast Free?’ is closed to new replies.