light at the end of the tunnel

Home The Candida Forum Candida Questions light at the end of the tunnel

This topic contains 2 replies, has 3 voices, and was last updated by  Hope 8 years ago.

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • Author

enaj1965
    Topics: 1
    Replies: 1

after years of feeling run down and having no energy.Weight gain and feeling lousy now have been told I have canidia! whats this!. Went on various sites with differing treatments and solutions. Totally bamboozled not sure what to do but lookin at symptoms I have had nearly all of them at some point. Happy to know that its not all in my head but trying to decide if its better to go back to GP or alternative therapy as im determined to feel normal again. then reading about differing stages sounds scary epecially die offs! let me know yr views

fml432
    Topics: 10
    Replies: 35

Hey enaj.

I’m in the same boat. When I realized my problems would not go away with some magic pill or some miracle treatment, I had no idea what to do. There were so many opinions out there, so many rumors. I had doctors telling me different things. Finally, I made a choice for a more natural root and wanted to help my body get strong enough to fight the candida. After seeing an acupuncturist, I finally found this site. I’d been on the diet for at least five weeks without problem. I’d tried my own diet before, but it was overwhelming and I had no real clue as to what I was doing. This site provides you not only with the information, but a sense of hope. It gives you ideas on how to work with the diet so that you stay on it, and it’s literally a roadmap in the scary food world. Living in America, there’s lots of things to avoid–after all, Americans consume lots of gluten, sugars, and other processed foods! But if you stick with it, you’ll see results. I can say that after two weeks, I saw a definite difference.

…But you gotta try to stick with it. If you slip a little, just be extra cautious with what you eat and move on. Don’t be like me and have a ton of bad foods in one night, though. That’s harder to come back from. I think part of my problem was that I had stopped putting in so much effort to plan my meals, and I let myself have a small “treat” which somehow lead to more.

The fact of the matter is, this diet works–but like any diet, it requires dedication.

Hope
    Topics: 22
    Replies: 187

I’m so glad you have a good lead to help you get to the root of your health concerns now! 🙂 Regarding the die-off, there are a few things you can do to help lessen the effects. Many versions of AC diets recommend making dietary changes *before* taking a prescription antifungal (Nystatin, Diflucan) – this is so you can begin to starve off some of the yeast and reduce your overall yeast population before wholesale yeast killing starts w/ the antifungal drug. The die off symptoms occur when many yeast organisms die in a short period of time, giving off toxic by-products that make you feel horrible. By gradually starving and killing off some yeast for 2 weeks or so *before* antifungal drugs, you take the yeast numbers down and, at least theoretically, the die-off symptoms will be lessened because you aren’t killing gobs and gobs of yeast quickly and at once. If you start a very strict diet cold-turkey and begin a precription antifungal at the same time, die-off symptoms could be really pronounced because yeast is dying at such a rapid rate in such large numbers.

Some say that drinking a ton of water during the first few weeks of the diet and while on antifungals will really help with die-off. It certainly can’t hurt! 🙂 Since 64 oz. is recommended for healthy people everyday, I’d say more than that would be best to address the additional needs of candida die-off, but that’s just a guess.

Also, the main page of this website references Bentonite Clay. I’m expecting a baby, so I couldn’t use it, but it’s also supposed to help eliminate die-off by-products quickly and efficietly, reducing the symptoms.

Hope this helps!

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)

The topic ‘light at the end of the tunnel’ is closed to new replies.