Lemon and coconut balls with stevia

Home The Candida Forum Foods & Recipe Ideas Snacks & Treats Lemon and coconut balls with stevia

This topic contains 3 replies, has 4 voices, and was last updated by  LovingLifeAgain 6 years, 3 months ago.

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Author

liciabelle
    Topics: 6
    Replies: 18

Lemon and coconut balls with stevia
    (recipe courtesy of Casey Lorraine Thomas and posted on http://www.sugarfreestevia.net)

1 avocado
    Juice of 1 lemon
    Zest of half a lemon
    4 tablespoons of coconut flour
    Liquid vanilla stevia to taste
    Pinch of sea salt

Place the avocado, lemon juice, zest and stevia in a food processor fitted with the “S” blade. Process until well combined. Taste the mixture now to check the sweetness and add more stevia as desired. You still need to add the coconut flour so you want the mixture to be slightly sweeter than you want the end result to be.

Add the sea salt and coconut flour to the food processor and process until the mixture sticks together. Taste and add more stevia if desired.

If the mixture doesn’t stick, you can add a little bit of water (try a tablespoon at a time) and then process again until the mixture sticks but isn’t runny.

If it’s too runny, add a bit more coconut flour to thicken the mixture up. The right measurements are very much dependent on how big your avocado and lemon are so you might need to adjust yours a little bit.

Form the mixture into small balls and place in a container for freezing or refrigerating (you can make yours perfect balls but mine are always a bit whacky like me). You can coat the balls in desiccated coconut or coconut flour if you like. I made mine without as I loved the green colour!

I loved these balls after about an hour in the freezer as the outside was very firm and the middle still soft so it reminded me of a truffle! You could freeze them right the way through or you could put them straight into the fridge. They hold together well either way.

http://www.sugarfreestevia.net/sugar-free-candy-recipes.html

Bluephoenix
    Topics: 0
    Replies: 2

I loved these! I found they were a bit sticky and was afraid they would stick to each other in the box so I rolled them in chopped coconut before freezing them and now they look like green snowballs. Delish!

fje
    Topics: 1
    Replies: 10

These were really good! I covered them in flax as I am not a fan of shaved coconut and froze them. I ate some after an hour and they were okay, then ate some after they were frozen over night – much better! Delicious.

LovingLifeAgain
    Topics: 0
    Replies: 5

Thanks for the recipe! I’ve made it several times now and it’s one of my favorites!!!!!

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)

The topic ‘Lemon and coconut balls with stevia’ is closed to new replies.