just started the diet

Home The Candida Forum Candida Questions just started the diet

This topic contains 3 replies, has 3 voices, and was last updated by  tammyneys 8 years, 10 months ago.

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Author

Topics: 32
    Replies: 55

I just started the diet, I’m actually just getting through the “die off” phase. I’m not doing the pro-biotics yet, but I have a few questions…

Will I need to take the pro-biotics for this to fully work, if so will I be able to stray from the diet. I find the infromation out there to be confusing, especially in regards to friut.

Can I take painkillers on this diet, I’m not finding any litriture on it and was wondering.

Also I’m finding a lot of the infromation out there to be confusing, will I have to stricktly follow this diet for the rest of my life or can I occasionally enjoy some of the things I use to love, i.e. wine and cheese?

Thanks for any help!

Cécile
    Topics: 1
    Replies: 5

You don’t have to follow it for the rest of your life. The diet is just meant to restore the yeast/bacteria balance in your colon by eliminating excessive candida.
    From what I read, most people can stop the diet after a month, but it’s important to stick to the diet during this month.

Probiotics are important. As the candida dies, you need to replace it with the probiotics. I don’t think you’ll get good results without the probiotics.

I just started the diet myself and I have headaches and nausea. I think these are symptoms of the bacteria dying off.
    I’ve never been this happy about headaches and nausea 🙂

When it comes to fruits, I read somewhere that you could have a fruit a day. But off course, no fruit is better. Try the walnut-apple parfait recipe that’s posted on this website. It’s really good and you just need half an apple (or less) for it.

Good luck!

Cécile
    Topics: 1
    Replies: 5

By the way, I don’t know about the painkillers…

I’d say that if they don’t contain sugar, you’re fine.
    Just make sure that you eat enough, sometimes it’s not good to take drugs on an empty stomach.

tammyneys
    Topics: 0
    Replies: 1

Cecile, thanks for the advice it makes me feel better. I’ve been feeling pretty hopeless in that I would have to follow this for ever, or feel terrible.

I think I may have been eating to much fruit, I’ll cut back. I had bad “burn off” the first 3 days, I decided to take a day and a half off of work to deal with it, but I’m starting to feel better now.

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)

The topic ‘just started the diet’ is closed to new replies.