i've been on antibiotics for a month…

Home The Candida Forum Candida Questions i've been on antibiotics for a month…

This topic contains 1 reply, has 2 voices, and was last updated by  TheChosenOne 5 years, 8 months ago.

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
  • Author

jawai001
    Topics: 1
    Replies: 0

Hi everyone,
    I’m new here. I’m currently serving in the Peace Corps in Panama, and I’ve been on antibiotics for a month now. Back home, I refused to take antibiotics unless it was absolutely necessary because I know often times they aren’t necessary. Here, I’m pretty much at the doctors mercy because I don’t have regular access to the internet or alternative supplements. Earlier this month I had a terrible sinus infection, and was prescribed antibiotics for it. A month later the sinus infection returned, and so did another course of antibiotics. I realize now that sinus infections can be a symptom of candida, so the antibiotics were completely counterproductive. After the last round of antibiotics ended a week ago, I was very vigilant about my food, and avoided carbs and sugar and the like and was taking massive amounts of probiotics. Yesterday I cut my finger pretty badly and needed stitches, and am now on more antibiotics. I’m getting really frustrated thinking about the havoc this past month is likely doing to my body. It is really difficult to eat proper food when living with a host family whose diet often consists of a bowl of white rice for every meal. Do you guys have any advice for when this round of antibiotics is over? Anything special I should do, or should I just follow the candida diet protocol? Thanks for any advice or input.

TheChosenOne
    Participant
    Topics: 34
    Replies: 410

I’d focus on taking probiotics. Maybe you can ask you doctor. Or try to eat kefir if you can.

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)

The topic ‘i've been on antibiotics for a month…’ is closed to new replies.