Is this "GI benefits" OK on the Candida diet?

Home The Candida Forum Candida Questions Is this "GI benefits" OK on the Candida diet?

This topic contains 1 reply, has 2 voices, and was last updated by  raster 5 years, 6 months ago.

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
  • Author

Bansaw
    Participant
    Topics: 50
    Replies: 106

My doc thinks I might have a minor stomach ulcer.
    He’s recommedning a product called Gi Benfefits.
    I don’t think its sugary at all, but wanted to know if anyone has any comments as to whehter it might affect my Candida diet negitively.

thanks,

Gi Benefits ingredients:
    1 scoop (12.96 g)
    Total Carbohydrates 6 g
    Sugars 2 g

L-Glutamine 5000 mg
    Arabinogalactans 1000 mg
    Deglycyrrhizinated Licorice (Glycyrrhiza glabra) Root (DGL) 500 mg
    Aloe Vera Leaf Extract (200:1) 250 mg
    N-Acetyl Glucosamine 250 mg
    Slippery Elm (Ulmus rubra) Bark 200 mg
    Zinc Carnosine 100 mg
    Marshmallow (Althaea officinalis) Root 100 mg
    Stevia 60 mg

Other Ingredients: raspberry fruit powder, strawberry fruit powder, pineapple juice powder, natural raspberry flavor, natural strawberry flavor, beet powder Suggested Use: As a dietary supplement, mix one scoop with cold water or juice once or twice daily, or as directed by your health care practitioner. Warning: If pregnant or nursing, consult your health care practitioner before taking this product Keep out of reach of children. Store in a cool, dry place. Allergy Information: This product contains N-acetyl glucosamine from Shrimp & Crab This product is free of citrus, egg, gluten, milk, rice, sodium, soy, wheat, yeast, added sugars, starches, synthetic dyes, artificial flavorings and preservatives. Color of this product may vary due to color variations of the natural ingredients. A Dietary Supplement to Support G.I. Tract Health and Function* We pledge total truth in labeling. Our family of products contain only the purest and most potent ingredients. Guaranteed. *This statement has not been evaluated by the Food and Drug Administration. This product is not intended to diagnose, treat, cure, or prevent any disease.

raster
    Participant
    Topics: 104
    Replies: 6838

One thing we talked about on a previous post is that glucosamine could cause the candida to morph from the non-pathogenic safe version to the pathogenic version of candida via its use. This is the only concerning ingredient other than the fruit powders.

The rest of this stuff is mostly leaky gut supplements that heal the gut. It’d be best to purchase each one of these supplements seperately and they will be more effective this way.

-raster

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)

The topic ‘Is this "GI benefits" OK on the Candida diet?’ is closed to new replies.