Is this diet healthy?

Home The Candida Forum Candida Questions Is this diet healthy?

This topic contains 7 replies, has 5 voices, and was last updated by  Javizy 7 years, 2 months ago.

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • Author

Summer
    Topics: 14
    Replies: 43

The short answer I know is, yes. Chicken, eggs and green vegetables. Of course that is healthy.

I’ve been doing a lot of research about this type of diet and it’s obviously not very balanced.

I plan on adding some flax seeds and non-glutenous candida-diet-friendly grains into the mix in a month (which makes cleanse (6 days) and one month of strict, grain and seed free diet)

I also work out pretty intensely about 6 times a week and am now worried that I may be harming myself by pushing my body while I’m “malnourished”

Thoughts from the community?

raster
    Participant
    Topics: 104
    Replies: 6838

You likely will want to put off working out until phase 2 or halfway through phase 1 because you will be incredibly gassed and tired in general. You need as much rest as possible when detoxing from candida and doing even lightly laboreous activities can completely drain you.

What is unbalanced about the diet? No dairy? No fruits?

Flax seed contains molds and should be used as a test food item. I was highly allergic to them earlier in the diet.

What are your nutritional concerns about the diet?

-Raster

Summer

Raster,
    first off, thanks, your dedication to this community and your knowledge is so appreciated.

Not working out is not going to happen. I just can’t.

Unbalanced: No grains. No Dairy. Lack of certain vitamins.

I can avoid flax seeds, I’ll use hemp seeds instead. Or are all seeds bad?
    Are sesame seeds okay? I just want to make crackers.

I’m sure a month won’t kill me though. I mean a month of working out any way. Unless it does. Hope not.

Thanks,

Able900
    Spectator
    Topics: 92
    Replies: 4811

Wheat and grains are not necessary to human health throughout their lifetime.
    Scientists have known for many years that chronic degenerative and inflammatory diseases such as rheumatoid arthritis are much more prevalent in areas and countries where the populations consume wheat products on a regular to semi-regular basis.

The negative effects of the lectins in grains often the cause of allergies, multiple sclerosis, diabetes, chronic fatigue syndrome, Crohn’s disease, colitis, and certain types of cancer. Again, all of these conditions are higher in industrialized countries where the populations consume more processed wheat products. Are you still missing wheat and other grain products?

Exactly what is the nutrient that you believe you’re missing with a diet of vegetables and protein?

Able

kirstyk4
    Topics: 9
    Replies: 125

Once you get through the first several weeks you can start introducing other foods that are lacking and make it unbalanced such as buckwheat, coconut flour, homemade/greek yogurt, and kefir.

Summer – I still worked out some throughout the first several weeks of the diet. I didn’t work out nearly as much, mostly because I didn’t have the energy or enjoy it as much. But I find that if I go completely without working out, I feel like I have even less energy.

I am curious what vitamins you think are lacking from the diet? There are several vitamins and minerals that are highly suggested at this forum. I can understand that the strict diet means we are not getting as much variety as one COULD get. Anyone who eats junk food (like many of us did prior to this diet) would also be lacking in those vitamins as well.

As we progress through the diet, we will be able to add more and more foods. This diet is meant to give us a chance of getting our health back, so that we may enjoy a variety of foods again (but making smart food decisions).

Sometimes I wonder if people (who are not on the diet) think this diet is so unhealthy because it is completely different from the standard american diet. I live in the Mid West United States (home of cattle ranges) and people often tell me that a vegetarian diet is unhealthy. They think it is unhealthy because, to them, meat is suppose to be a part of every meal. I’ve lost track of the number of times someone has asked me “Where do you get your protein???” Lol…

Summer

I’m not concerned about a particular nutrient I’m missing simply because I’m uneducated about these things! I wouldn’t know! That is why I was asking. Maybe calcium? I’m sure a month of this isn’t going to be detrimental in the long term and I’ll start adding some grains in part two of phase one and some plain yogurt!

I actually feel like there is great variety in this part! It’s all in how you season and prepare!

Thanks everyone

Able900
    Spectator
    Topics: 92
    Replies: 4811

Summer wrote: I’m sure a month of this isn’t going to be detrimental in the long term and I’ll start adding some grains in part two of phase one and some plain yogurt!

I understand your concern if are unaware of the various sources of the nutrients and how easily they’re available to us.

You mentioned calcium, if you read our protocol on the forum you would see that calcium is named as one of the supplements used as part of the protocol.

You also mentioned grains again, what do you suppose you’re not obtaining from the diet that grains or wheat would supply?

Modern humans have inhabited the earth for some 150,000 years, but wheat has only been consumed by humans for the last 10,000 years. This means that human beings did not evolve to include wheat in our daily diets; wheat was either animal food or made into brooms after drying, but certainly not human food. These are the reasons that wheat and grains cause so many people health problems, and why it has a negative effect on the body’s assimilation of necessary nutrients.

After reading dozens of research studies involving wheat and other grains, I had no choice but to conclude that wheat in general does more harm than good to a human body. It often plays a huge role in causing certain nutrients to lose their potency in the body. For example, zinc is not absorbed when taken with certain foods which include bran, milk, poultry, whole grain breads and cereals.
    Another example is a report published by the American Dietetic Association stating that phytates which are found in whole grains as well as brown rice lowers the absorption of iron in humans. The body’s absorption of certain irons is poor to begin with so eating whole grains combined with our many low-iron food sources lowers iron absorption and levels even more.

Able

Javizy
    Topics: 20
    Replies: 945

There are good sources of calcium in cruciferous vegetables (broccoli, cabbage, bok choy etc) and small fish like sardines, which are part of the diet. I’m sure you could try Googling for other sources.

You probably assume you’d be lacking calcium by not drinking milk because of all the advertising. You’ve got to remember that dairy, soy, wheat etc may be types of food, but they’re also gigantic industries with massive marketing muscle. They fund self-serving research, pressure governments, and latch on to little things like calcium content to make you believe you can’t be healthy without their products.

If you were having skimmed milk with your cereal, you wouldn’t have been absorbing the fat soluble vitamins anyway, but of course that part doesn’t get advertised. You really need to question the health claims you see on food packaging. Some of the things they get away with are outrageous. The government doesn’t seem to care, so you really have to take charge of your own health with the way things are nowadays.

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)

The topic ‘Is this diet healthy?’ is closed to new replies.