Inulin !!!

This topic contains 7 replies, has 6 voices, and was last updated by  CrunchyMama 1 year, 3 months ago.

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • Author

dvjorge
    Participant
    Topics: 283
    Replies: 1368

Hi forum,
    I would like to know if any of you have used Inulin without problem ??
    It is a controversial product because some claim candida can feed with it. Anyway, people experience may tell more.
    What do you think about this prebiotic ??
    Thanks,
    Jorge.

kirstyk4
    Topics: 9
    Replies: 125

I’ve tried a couple different probiotics over the past several months that have inulin. I didn’t notice anything different about them. None of the probiotics were very strong, so I wasn’t making progress with them either.

Now I just make sure I eat vegetables everyday that are also a prebiotic.

Kirsty

Able900
    Spectator
    Topics: 92
    Replies: 4811

Hello, Jorge.

Actually, inulin is produced from the biotic decomposition of FOS which is naturally found in a lot of the foods that are on our diet. If available, natural, whole food sources are always safer and a higher quality choice of a supplement that’s beneficial to any treatment.

Among the foods that contain FOS are leeks and onions, oat bran flour, brown rice bran flour, barley, garlic, sauerkraut, millet, tef, buckwheat, artichoke bulb, asparagus stems, and chicory root.

Able

raster
    Participant
    Topics: 104
    Replies: 6838

I add inulin to the breads I bake. It helps heal leaky gut. I have not noticed any side effects and feel that it is an effective treatment/supplement and highly recommend it.

-Raster

dvjorge
    Participant
    Topics: 283
    Replies: 1368

Thanks for the replies.
    I have read some papers claiming it feeds candida. That is the only concern.
    Jorge.

Able900
    Spectator
    Topics: 92
    Replies: 4811

dvjorge wrote: I have read some papers claiming it feeds candida. That is the only concern.

If that were true, it seems we’d all have terrible cases of a Candida infestation and never be able to cure it – considering our diet.

Able

Rinkidink
    Participant
    Topics: 0
    Replies: 7

I just read that inulin from fruits such as bananas feeds Candida but from chicory and probably the sources Able mentioned it doesn’t and from chicory it’s actually bad for Candida.

I must add that the info was from a site that sells chicory powder but it sounds reasonable and I hope it’s true. I like what Able said about people who use it having terrible cases of Candida if it did feed it.

A couple of jars of it arrived and I just had a cup. It was delicious!

What about adding stevia to it? Is stevia acceptable in this forum?

CrunchyMama
    Participant
    Topics: 0
    Replies: 5

I use Sweetleaf stevia which has inulin in it. I see no problem with it because I always take plenty of probiotics whenever I use it. Since it is considered a prebiotic, I make sure to take probiotics so that the good yeasts and the good bacteria are getting fed first. Then they can multiply and crowd out the candida! I will feed the good guys and then the good guys will take care of the bad guys, hehehe.

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)

The topic ‘Inulin !!!’ is closed to new replies.