Interesting info from my ND about probiotics

Home The Candida Forum Candida Questions Interesting info from my ND about probiotics

This topic contains 0 replies, has 1 voice, and was last updated by  Cheesey 6 years, 3 months ago.

Viewing 1 post (of 1 total)
  • Author

Cheesey
    Topics: 37
    Replies: 245

Hi Folks

I recently asked my ND via email if she could recommend a probiotic. I mentioned the criteria usually suggested on the forum for finding a probiotic and this was her response:

It doesn’t necessarily follow that the more strains you have in a probiotic, the better the product, as the various strains do actually have different functions and aid repopulation in different ways. However, generally several strains in one probiotic product is usually recommended with the highest number of organisms.

The probiotic that I would recommend in the first instance is actually a single strain probiotic called Lactobacillus GG Culturelle by Allergy Research group. Culturelle ® – Lactobacillus GG has been the subject of much research –http://tinyurl.com/38q7u7x. It is the most researched and proven probiotic for digestive, immune and overall health – more than 250 clinical studies have shown its safety and effectiveness. Culturelle ® is able to survive stomach acid, resist antibiotics, adhere to intestinal walls, form a strong barrier against yeasts and bad bacteria, and repopulate good bacteria. Importantly, Lactobacillus GG helps stimulate the innate immune system, and has been proved to increase SIgA levels too, therefore making it a useful adjunct to S. Boulardii which you are currently taking.

With probiotics, their effectiveness seems to be enhanced if you use them in rotation. I would recommend that you start with the probiotic mentioned above and then rotate with one of the following:

Klair Labs – Ther-Biotic® Complete – high-potency, hypoallergenic blend of 12 certified probiotic species offers the most complete spectrum of microorganisms providing 100+ billion CFUs per 1/4 teaspoon or vegetarian capsule supplying 25+ billion CFUs.

Udo’s choice super 8 probiotic contains 30 billion organisms

Allergy Research – GI Flora – contains 12 billion bacteria in 4 strains

Nutri Advanced – Ultra Probioplex – contains 15 billion organisms in 50:50 blend of L.acidophilus and Bifidobacterium lactis

She intersects with a number of suggestions on the forum, but also differs in a couple of aspects. Moreover, I have had a look into Lactobacillus GG and it appears to be pretty legit! Take a look at this study conducted below:

Lactobacillus casei strain GG reverses increased intestinal permeability induced by cow milk in suckling rats(!!!)

Viewing 1 post (of 1 total)

The topic ‘Interesting info from my ND about probiotics’ is closed to new replies.