I may just have a gluten intolerance/celiac

Home The Candida Forum Candida Questions I may just have a gluten intolerance/celiac

This topic contains 1 reply, has 2 voices, and was last updated by  BeccaJR 4 years, 10 months ago.

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
  • Author

fireman22
    Topics: 9
    Replies: 12

So I’ve been trying to treat myself for over 2 years now. I was sick for about a year, completely clueless as to what was wrong with me, but then I found out about candida and this made me believe that it was a digestive issue.

I tried the diet for a bit but was unable to stick with it, it’s just so limiting on what you can eat. Doing the research and preparing all your food is a lot of work! Especially with school and work.

Tried a bunch of antifungals/probiotics, some of these actually made me feel a bit better so I think I do actually have some candida issues. Digestive enzymes also helped.

About a month ago I decided to go gluten free at the request of my girlfriend and it’s the most consistent relief I’ve had in a looooong time. Not taking any supplements anymore, just gradually feeling better. Hope I keep improving I’m so tired of being sick.

Just thought I’d chime in good luck everyone!

BeccaJR
    Topics: 5
    Replies: 19

If you can I recommend getting the blood tests and biopsy needed to determine if you have Celiac disease. Having it myself I know it is helpful to never let myself slip up and in my case the food which costs so much more is tax-deductible and makes up the difference of the cost almost entirely since Celiac is considered a disability.

If you have any questions regarding eating gluten-free, where gluten hides (there’s a lot of ingredients that have the potential to make you ill) and celiac disease issues, feel free to contact me at any time.

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)

The topic ‘I may just have a gluten intolerance/celiac’ is closed to new replies.