High pH water and Candida?

Home The Candida Forum Candida Questions High pH water and Candida?

This topic contains 1 reply, has 2 voices, and was last updated by  Rabelais 4 years, 4 months ago.

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
  • Author

Percyfaith
    Participant
    Topics: 28
    Replies: 58

Do any of you know if high pH water promote or grow candida?

My doctor says that they do—
    I am looking into it more and just thought I’d ask you all…

I have used evamor and Eternal Water for bottled waters and use them counterbalance acid in my diet. I use to balance the coconut milk, coconut flakes, nut milks and acid berries I use in my morning smoothies. I believe I have have silent acid reflux – so I try and stay eating a neutral pH. If I eat a higher acid food like meats I try and balance with 2 alkaline veggies etc. I also think it is good to eat low sugar and low carb.

For my home water I have been using a reverse osmosis under the counter unit called Tap Master from Advanced Water Filters for the past 5 years. I’ve never tested the pH but I have their artisan unit which is supposed to put minerals back in. Not so sure this is the best option wish I could get it tested to make sure it is doing with needs to be done.

My doctor who is an Integrative Medicine MD told me to not drink high pH waters as my main source of water since high ph waters can promote candida overgrowth. I’ve had extremely strong sugar cravings and some rashes believed to be candida so I don’t want to promote candida. My doctor favors Aqua New’s brand or bottled water called Watt-Ahh – only I do not like the expense or that it does not say BPA free on the bottle. Should be a PET bottle and ok. About the pH issue their web site states:
    ———————————————-
    “What is the optimum pH for drinking water?

The pH of pure water including Watt-Ahh®, is within the range between low and mid 7.0. Please be aware that the simple use of litmus paper that measures free hydrogen, will not accurately measure the pH of any water exposed to air. The most accurate pH readings of any solution can result from titration in a laboratory setting.
    Read More…
    Mineral deposits that are suspended in water are what cause a change in the pH. According to Scientists at the US Department of Energy (DOE), Molecular Biology Archive, normal blood pH is about 7.35. If blood pH is lower than 7.0 or higher than 8.0 it may cause severe medical complications. DOE indicates severe upset in blood pH (<7.25), causes disturbances in the body, which can lead to renal failure. Acidosis may occur with blood pH below 7.0 that can cause a coma.

For the other extreme, alkalosis causes the heart to beat too fast and can cause a heart attack. No one should attempt to adjust blood pH with a liquid product including bottled water, since it gets into the blood stream too fast, gives a quick boost of energy because the heart is beating faster and can cause heart damage or stroke. This is what happens when a snake bites someone; the venom is alkaline. A small amount of alkaline water will neither harm the human body nor improve health. Alkaloids in fresh vegetables and juices, safely boosts blood pH.

According to the DOE, there are a series of buffers which help the plasma resist any change in pH. Some of them include: the hemoglobin in the red blood cells, other plasma proteins, the bicarbonate buffer and the phosphate buffer. Many physiological processes influence the pH, but one of the largest contributors is the CO2 content of the blood. Watt-Ahh® as pure water, is optimum and compatible for normal blood pH and serves to detoxify the body including removal of CO2, to assist in maintaining a healthy blood pH.”
    ——————————————————–

[h]

Maybe some of you could let me know what they think of my Doctors warning about the candida overgrowth and his favorite water Aqua New dot com brand call Watt-Ahh. 

[/h]

Rabelais
    Blocked
    Topics: 3
    Replies: 268

You raise several points. I will try to address them one by one. If I forget something that’s important for you, please let me know, and I’ll try to answer as best as I can.

Your first point is the high pH of your water. This will not affect your body. The only effect it will have is that the stomach must work a bit harder to ensure its contents stay very acid.

Let’s look at what happens. You drink the alkaline water. The water enters your stomach. One of the stomach’s tasks is to maintain a very acid environment. This means that if you drink alkaline water and thus reduce the acidity of the stomach, the stomach will have to work harder to neutralise the alkalinity of the water and get back to a very acid environment.

The muscle at the exit of the stomach will stay contracted (closing the stomach’s exit) as long as the stomach’s contents are not very acid. So the stomach will produce additional acid to undo the effects of the alkaline water. Only some time after the stomach has reached its normal, very high acidity will the muscle relax to let the acid contents leave the stomach and enter the intestines (where the acidity will be reduced – but that’s a different topic).

You also mention that the alkalinisation unit “puts the minerals back in”. That’s only logical: it just has to do that.

That’s because alkaline water is alkaline for the very reason that it contains an overdose of OH- ions. OH- ions are negative by nature. The negative charge must be counterbalanced by some form of positive charge. This positive charge comes from positive metal ions – be they Na+ (sodium), K+ (potassium), Mg2+ (magnesium) or whatever other metal ion.

This means that something that he says is a plus for his equipment, is in reality something that’s dictated by the laws of chemistry. Any equipment that produces alkaline water just has to do the very same thing.

Then you mention litmus paper, which is said “not to accurately measure the pH of water that is exposed to air”. This statement is true – in a way.

Litmus paper does not necessarily accurately measure the pH of water. That’s because the pH of water changes as soon as it is exposed to air. This change is caused by CO2 from the air entering the water (in case the original water contained almost no CO2), or by CO2 from the water escaping into the air (in case the original water contained an overdose of CO2).

So: the pH of the water may change when it is exposed to air, depending on the CO2 content of the water. After all, more CO2 means a lower pH, and less CO2 means a higher pH.

The litmus paper will accurately measure the (new) pH of the water. This is good. In fact, it is exactly what you want, because the water you drink is necessarily exposed to air.

The story about the pH of a snake bite is nonsense. Snake bites are toxic because they contain neurotoxins. The pH of a snake’s venom is not relevant. First, it is quickly diluted in the blood. Second, blood has excellent buffering capacity, so the pH of the snake venom will not have a measurable influence.

The same is true for alkaline water or vegetables, and for acid water or meat. All pass through the stomach, which carefully maintains its normal pH, independent of what you eat or drink. The pH of your food does not influence the pH of any cell in your body.

Your final remark is about water which is said to help in removing CO2 from the blood. That’s commercial nonsense. CO2 is removed from the blood in the lungs. Water neither helps nor inhibits your respiration.

These are my thoughts about this subject. If you have any questions, or if you would like some clarifications, please let me know.

Rabelais

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)

The topic ‘High pH water and Candida?’ is closed to new replies.