Help Coconut Bread

Home The Candida Forum Candida Questions Help Coconut Bread

This topic contains 3 replies, has 3 voices, and was last updated by  flynpa 6 years ago.

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Author

flynpa
    Topics: 1
    Replies: 3

I am making coconut bread for the first time. What is the batter/dough supposed to look like? Bread dough or more like cake batter or what? Right now it is quite dry like cookie dough.

Thanks!

moochpb
    Topics: 112
    Replies: 688

I make mine more watery looking and it comes out softer. I have made it both ways. It tastes good better for me when it looks like cake batter

Jersey
    Topics: 5
    Replies: 13

This is my current recipe. I’ve been experimenting with it for two months now.

5/6 cup coconut flour
    5/6 Bobs Red Mill Gluten Free Oat Bran
    ( there is no 5/6 marking on a measuring cup- gotta eyeball it!)
    1 tsp sea salt
    2 tsp baking powder
    10 packets of Stevia

Mix it all up real good

1/2 cup of melted coconut oil
    1/2 cup of virgin olive oil (the olive oil seems to give the bread a crispier shell. More coconut oil- less shell)

Mix in with dry ingredients. It will be very runny at this point

1 dozen eggs.

It’ll take about 5 mins of stirring, but it will firm up. It’s will still be a bit fluid.

I bake at 300 for 1:10. My oven is off though. that 300 is probably more like 350:/ I dunno.

Oh. And I coat the bread pan in PAM, and then powder it with some coconut flour. Otherwise the bread will stick like there’s no tomorrow.
    This is a pretty big loaf. lasts me a week. I cut it in half, and freeze one half til I finish the first.

flynpa
    Topics: 1
    Replies: 3

I tried cooking it the way it came out (like cookie dough) and it didnt cook at all. I will try your recipe. Thanks.

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)

The topic ‘Help Coconut Bread’ is closed to new replies.